Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gonzofan

Thread: Camera Bag Recommendation...

Camera Bag Recommendation...

I've looked at the I/O bag and I'm not sure it's big enough for all my stuff. I'd appreciate any recommendations from anyone on what you think would work. I'd like to combine both my video and camera equipment. Yeah, I know the 7d can shoot video, but not as well as my Vixia so I'm sticking with that at least for now.

Heres' what I have:

Canon 7d
    70-300mm
    18-55mm
    55-250mm
    50mm
    85mm
    580flash
    Spare battery and charger - card reader - cables (although I don't normally use them)
    Gary Fong flash diffusers

Canon Vixia HFS10
    mike - tele-extender
    couple of spare batteries and charger
    cables (don't use these either - much)

It would be really nice to keep everything together and eliminate one more bag to carry. I already have a Restreppo for my MacBook Air and it's fan-freaking-tastic!

Thanks for any ideas.

John

Two Camera I-Os in a Brain bag will carry all your stuff. The Brain bag description states that an I-O will fit in either compartment so I assume it can carry two simultaneously. But I recommend checking with the Bihn folks to confirm.

Ironically, I was checking in for the opposite -- to see if I can convert my existing Synapse into a good camera bag for my kit.
    Meg
    -----
    Proud owner of a conifer/steel Synapse, indigo/black Swift, a linen/olive Small Cafe Bag, a couple of yarn stuff sacks, a clear organizer wallet and various organizer pouches

That's a lot of gear! If you want to use Tom Bihn for a solution, I think 2 I-O bags with a Brain Bag could work really well. Or, perhaps one I-O bag and a simpler padded insert for your video gear.

My I-O bag has a Canon D60, 10-22mm, 35mm, 50mm, and 85mm. There is some room to spare, but not a ton. I'd declare it totally full if I added a flash or other medium to small lens.
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

Thanks for the replies. I did think you could get 2 I-O bags in a Brain Bag. But that would be ideal.

John

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0