Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Help me pick an Aeronaut color!

Help me pick an Aeronaut color!

I have decided to pull the trigger on the Aeronaut. I really wanted to go with the Forest/Ultraviolet but I have a conifer Synapse and don't think they will match well.

My husband prefers the steel in case he wants to use it.

So I am deciding between the Steel/UV, or Aubergine/Wasabi or Aubergine/UV. I can't find a picture of the Aubergine/UV and I love it with the Wasabi.

Help me pick!

What a delightful predicament to find yourself in, Sarah. I think either of your exterior choices would look nice with your Synapse.

I have a Steel/UV WF (it is, unfortunately, how I learned that UV is just not the color for me . . .), and there's a really strong contrast between the exterior and interior colors. So, while I'm not a huge UV fan, I like the color combination overall. Not sure if this helps; mostly, I'm excited for you because the Aeronaut is such a great bag.

What I think of every time I see a Aubergine/Wasabi bag,

so if your husband doesn't want to look like he skinned PBS's lovable anthropomorphic t-rex when he borrows your bag the steel/wasabi is a good combination. Name:  image.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  448.3 KB

Aubergine and anything. would be my first choice. It is beautiful, I'm not sure about the gender neutrality though. Here's a thought, aubergine for you and steel for him. Problem solved.
    SE in olive, plum S19, SE, pouches and Field Journal. uv S19, Shop Bag, Yarn Sack and organizer Pouches. Synapse25 in steel/uv. Medium Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, SE, Swift & Kit in black. Absolute Strap, steel Kit and small dyneema Pouch, wrist straps, kiwi Swift, Citizen Canine & Kit. Abergine Tri Star, Kit and SE. Wasibi & uv Organizer Cube Pouches, July 4th pouch, December 2011 & 2012 Mystery Gift, 2013 parapack mystery gift and last but not least I'm proud FOT.

Nli
    My daughter's Aubergine/Steel arrived today. It is GORGEOUS. Aubergine en masse is breathtaking. Sorta wish Daughter had ordered Aubergine/UV but Daught wanted steel to match the packing cubes (which I forgot to order....). Could not be more pleased with this piece. May be forced to steal it from her......

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Whichever you choose, the Aeronaut is just the best. I've two, both steel, but one Ballistic with steel lining and the other 400d Dyneema with Wasabi lining. I'm really taken with the Dyneema and I'd take the wasabi lining over the steel every time! I haven't seen Nordic Dyneema yet, but I've a curious hankering for it! The one thing that is really clear about Dyneema is that it really feel light... much lighter than the scales tell us... but it still feels robust and substantial. I'm using the new Dyneema bags for the first time on Saturday, so a proper report is coming soon.

My Forest/Ultraviolet is very beautiful and understated. I do confess to a little Aubergine envy...

I feel a bit boring with my black/iberian combo. But it's sleek and completely understated which I love too. Discreet on the outside, bright on the inside! Mind you, I got my aeronaut before the wasabi colour was released and I'm seriously lusting after that colour too!

Whatever you choose, the bag is fantastic :-)

The Conifer and the Forest actually match really well! I had some samples of both sent to me back in the spring and you could hardly tell the difference. I love it when my bags really match and I wouldn't have any problems with those two colors. You can always call and have TB send you swatches of the colors. I have a little stash of them in my desk.

I have the Aubregine and Wasabi and I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER WITH MY DECISON!! It is so much more vibrant than what you see in the pictures. I was going to go with the black and wasabi, but I'm glad I did not.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyB View Post

Whatever you choose, the bag is fantastic :-)
    GuyB is right! There's no losing proposition in your decision...

Quote Originally Posted by darbs View Post
    The Conifer and the Forest actually match really well! I had some samples of both sent to me back in the spring and you could hardly tell the difference. I love it when my bags really match and I wouldn't have any problems with those two colors. You can always call and have TB send you swatches of the colors. I have a little stash of them in my desk.
    Would you mind taking a photo of them together?

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Aubergine and anything. would be my first choice. It is beautiful, I'm not sure about the gender neutrality though. Here's a thought, aubergine for you and steel for him. Problem solved.
    The aubergine with the wasabi looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyB View Post
    I feel a bit boring with my black/iberian combo.
    Guy, I also have a Black/Iberian Aeronaut. So. You're not boring. You're rad.

I have the navy/iberian. The combination is awesome.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0