Kindle Paperwhite - cache or padded pouch

Hi friends, I hope 2013 is treating everyone well. I received a Kindle Paperwhite for Christmas and I'm looking for a pouch to protect it. The dimensions of the Kindle are 6.7 x 4.6 x .36. It's smaller than the iPad mini, the Kindle Fire, and the Nook.

Kindle Paperwhite - Touch Screen Ereader with Built-In Light

I think the small padded pouch with external dimensions of 7 x 5 will work, but I'm not clear about the internal dimensions. Has anyone tried putting a Kindle Paperwhite in one? Or, does someone have a better suggestion?

Also, if you have a padded pouch and feel like the external dimensions are close to the internal dimensions that would be helpful as well.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

dlg
    I have a small padded OP, and it's the perfect size for my GPS. My Kindle (4, non-touch) doesn't have a prayer of fitting inside it. There are pictures on the forum of an ipad mini fitting snugly into a medium unpadded OP, that would probably be a better fit for the Kindle.

Moriond's post here might be useful to you.

Thank you so much for the response. I searched the forum's prior and I didn't see Moriond's post. That's very helpful. I love this forum, but not always the search functions.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 2612 View Post
    I received a Kindle Paperwhite for Christmas and I'm looking for a pouch to protect it. The dimensions of the Kindle are 6.7 x 4.6 x .36. It's smaller than the iPad mini, the Kindle Fire, and the Nook.

Kindle Paperwhite - Touch Screen Ereader with Built-In Light

I think the small padded pouch with external dimensions of 7 x 5 will work, but I'm not clear about the internal dimensions. Has anyone tried putting a Kindle Paperwhite in one? Or, does someone have a better suggestion?
    The problem is that you're not allowing for the fact that the edge of the zipper is going to decrease the size of the opening of the pouch by about 0.65". That means you won't be able to fit the Paperwhite into a small organizer pouch even if it it isn't padded. And apart from issue of the zipper opening, the piping around the edge of these pouches is about 3/8" thick (just a tad larger than the thickness of the Paperwhite). So even allowing for an infinitely thin Kindle Paperwhite, you won't be able to use a small organizer of any sort to hold this.

The Cork fabric of the Kindle pouch that I use (described in the linked post that Badger referenced) is soft and pliable, but sturdier than Cordura or Dyneema. It also has a soft lining on the inside. I don't feel I need to use the padded version, and I appreciate the smoothness of the Cork surface. (For reference, I'll note that I've used previous version Kindles with cases; this is the first one that I carry with just this pouch). You can also get this pouch in the padded variety. The Kindle pouch is shorter and slightly slimmer than the medium organizer pouch, and the tapered shape at the bottom makes it easier to use when holding Kindles (of different sizes).

HTH.

moriond

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    2612, I don't know if this helps, but here's my Kindle Touch in a medium clear pouch and also with, but not in, a small ultrasuede FOT pouch. It's about the same size as the small pouch, but it would never fit due to the stitched bit round the edge and the zip. I don't have one of the dedicated Kindle pouches I'm afraid.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0