Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By aryabird
  • 1 Post By moriond

Thread: More than one question

More than one question

Will the Camera I/O fit in the Smart Alec?
    Will any of the laptop bags (messenger/briefcase style) fit a 17" laptop?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by aryabird View Post
    Will the Camera I/O fit in the Smart Alec?
    Will any of the laptop bags (messenger/briefcase style) fit a 17" laptop?
    No, the Camera I/O is a bit too wide to fit into the Smart Alec. (I checked.) The Super Ego and the Checkpoint Flyer can fit 17" laptops. You may get some more helpful answers and suggestions from some forum member who actually owns a 17" laptop.

HTH.

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    No, the Camera I/O is a bit too wide to fit into the Smart Alec. (I checked.) The Super Ego and the Checkpoint Flyer can fit 17" laptops. You may get some more helpful answers and suggestions from some forum member who actually owns a 17" laptop.

HTH.

moriond
    Thank you

As it so happens, I own a variety of laptops ranging from 11.6" to 17". My 17" Samsung fits comfortably into the 2XL-size Horizontal Brain Cell and the 2XL-size Cache. The PC Checkpoint Flyer I ordered was shipped out yesterday and I should have it next week. I'm confident that it'll accommodate my 17" Samsung just fine, and will be happy to report back when it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikoguy View Post
    As it so happens, I own a variety of laptops ranging from 11.6" to 17". My 17" Samsung fits comfortably into the 2XL-size Horizontal Brain Cell and the 2XL-size Cache. The PC Checkpoint Flyer I ordered was shipped out yesterday and I should have it next week. I'm confident that it'll accommodate my 17" Samsung just fine, and will be happy to report back when it arrives.
    Much appreciated. Thanks!

Well, my PC Checkpoint Flyer arrived safely, and my 17.3 inch screen Samsung laptop that measures 16.1 x 11.2 x 2.0 inches fits comfortably into the 2XLT-size laptop case that comes with it. I do note that the PC Checkpoint Flyer is no longer offered on the website. Perhaps the 2XLT case should be a drop-down option for the Checkpoint Flyer? I'm assuming that the only difference between the Checkpoint Flyer and the PC Checkpoint flyer is that the latter comes with the 2XLT case. Someone who knows better is welcome to correct me.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Well, my PC Checkpoint Flyer arrived safely, and my 17.3 inch screen Samsung laptop that measures 16.1 x 11.2 x 2.0 inches fits comfortably into the 2XLT-size laptop case that comes with it. I do note that the PC Checkpoint Flyer is no longer offered on the website. Perhaps the 2XLT case should be a drop-down option for the Checkpoint Flyer? I'm assuming that the only difference between the Checkpoint Flyer and the PC Checkpoint flyer is that the latter comes with the 2XLT case. Someone who knows better is welcome to correct me.
    You received the last (or next to last) PC Checkpoint Flyer available. The PC Checkpoint Flyer is actually a larger bag overall than the Checkpoint Flyer. And, at least at this time, we don't plan to make the PC Flyer again.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Seikoguy, thanks for checking

Darcy, any plans for a new bag sized to fit bigger laptops?
    Indigo/Solar Tri-Star, Indigo/Solar Synapse, Black/Steel, 13" Ristretto, Black/Wasabi iPad Ristretto, Forest/UV Smart Alec

Darcy, any plans for a new bag sized to fit bigger laptops?
    Not right now: most new designs in the works are for 15", 13", and 11" laptops and iPad/iPad mini sized tablets.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    You received the last (or next to last) PC Checkpoint Flyer available. The PC Checkpoint Flyer is actually a larger bag overall than the Checkpoint Flyer. And, at least at this time, we don't plan to make the PC Flyer again.
    Wow! Timing is everything! I'm glad I was able to snag it as I think I'll be using it on my trip to Seattle in 2 weeks. Will definitely be swinging by the Tom Bihn store for a look-see.

Volunteer Moderator
    Wow! Timing is everything! I'm glad I was able to snag it as I think I'll be using it on my trip to Seattle in 2 weeks. Will definitely be swinging by the Tom Bihn store for a look-see.
    @Seikoguy Take pictures! Take pictures! You do such beautiful pictures (especially of all things Aubergine). @aryabird, the 2XLT insert for the PC Checkpoint Flyer (17" laptop size) is still available. I've sometimes seen this bag come up for sale on eBay, although I usually only check eBay when there's an outstanding forum request for a discontinued bag. (There's been an Indigo Checkpoint Flyer listed there on and off for several months -- but that's for 17" MacBook Pro sized laptops.)

moriond
    Darcy likes this.

@Seikoguy Take pictures! Take pictures! You do such beautiful pictures (especially of all things Aubergine)
    I second that!

@Seikoguy Take pictures! Take pictures! You do such beautiful pictures (especially of all things Aubergine). @aryabird, the 2XLT insert for the PC Checkpoint Flyer (17" laptop size) is still available. I've sometimes seen this bag come up for sale on eBay, although I usually only check eBay when there's an outstanding forum request for a discontinued bag. (There's been an Indigo Checkpoint Flyer listed there on and off for several months -- but that's for 17" MacBook Pro sized laptops.)

moriond
    Thanks! That still might work if the dimensions are close enough.
    Indigo/Solar Tri-Star, Indigo/Solar Synapse, Black/Steel, 13" Ristretto, Black/Wasabi iPad Ristretto, Forest/UV Smart Alec

Volunteer Moderator
    Thanks! That still might work if the dimensions are close enough.
    Tom Bihn still carries the CheckPoint Flyer for 17" Macs, so you can ask them directly about sizes (and check the descriptions in the product page.) It's just that the PC sized laptop inserts are designed to go with the PC Checkpoint Flyer, so the inserts aren't interchangeable. I meant that I still sometimes see listings of the PC Checkpoint Flyer on eBay (even with an insert for the 17" size case.) But if you find one listed with a different size laptop insert, you could still order the 2XLT insert from Tom Bihn to swap this for your size laptop.

HTH.

moriond

moriond
    Thanks for the kind words, Moriond and Darcy. I'll do so shortly.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0