Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Larger Synapse

Larger Synapse

Darcy,
    You mentioned that you saw a prototype of the larger version of the Synapse. Can you tell us how big it will be? And is there an approximate release date yet? I have a new indigo Brain Bag and I'm trying to decide whether to keep it, exchange for one in plum, or return it and wait for the release of the new larger version of the Synapse. I like the Brain Bag, but I love my Synapse and would be so happy to have a larger version too.

Does that mean we won't be able to buy the smaller one once the larger one is released? The small size is the main reason I want to buy a Synapse (but waiting for my colour preference to be in stock).

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Don't worry: the current sized Synapse is here to stay. The new larger version will be offered in addition to the current size. Who knows, you might even see a *smaller* Synapse someday as well.

As far as release dates, dimensions, or any other details about the larger version: I don't have those yet. When I do, I'll definitely share them with you guys!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

is there any chance that the larger synapse might be offered in ballistic? (or, heck, even the regular/current synapse?)

i love my indigo synapse, but sweet cracker sandwich, does it ever pick up cat hair! ...and while i really like dyneema accessories, i'm not sure that i'm especially wild about it as an exterior fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    As far as release dates, dimensions, or any other details about the larger version: I don't have those yet. When I do, I'll definitely share them with you guys!
    This leaves me in quite the bind. I definitely need something larger than my Synapse. Ideally that would be a larger version of it, but I don't know if it's reasonable to wait.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yeb90 View Post
    This leaves me in quite the bind. I definitely need something larger than my Synapse. Ideally that would be a larger version of it, but I don't know if it's reasonable to wait.
    I'm sorry! Really wish I could help. It's still in the prototyping phase and I don't have the answers yet. My answers right now would be guesses and if they turn out to be wrong, that probably wouldn't be good!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Don't worry. I completely understand. I just wish I had a crystal ball!

Count me in for a smaller Synapse & Aeronaut!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I'm sorry! Really wish I could help. It's still in the prototyping phase and I don't have the answers yet. My answers right now would be guesses and if they turn out to be wrong, that probably wouldn't be good!
    Darcy, how long does TB usually test a prototype bag? And is there any relation from the time the prototype is developed until it is available for purchase? Thanks.

I will be in line for one, depending on design and price. The synapse has the best organized layout of any bag I have ever owned.

Soon I hope! I love my Synapse but would love a bigger version. I wanna sign up!

A larger Synapse would be most excellent!

A larger Synapse - might be interesting..... might it open clam shell-wise to facilitate packing? Personally I like the notion of an open wide/flat backpack with roughly the capacity of a Smart Alec - kind of like a go ruck gr1. (Maybe this should be in the 2013 wishlist!)
    earth5 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rabergnc View Post
    A larger Synapse - might be interesting..... might it open clam shell-wise to facilitate packing? Personally I like the notion of an open wide/flat backpack with roughly the capacity of a Smart Alec - kind of like a go ruck gr1. (Maybe this should be in the 2013 wishlist!)
    Have you given the Western Flyer a good look? Obviously very different from a GR1 (and Synapse), but it is a Smart Alec sized backpack that opens wide for easy packing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Have you given the Western Flyer a good look? Obviously very different from a GR1 (and Synapse), but it is a Smart Alec sized backpack that opens wide for easy packing.
    I have tried the WF, and it is a very nice bag - lots of things that I like about it. However, I prefer bags that have one main compartment which allow me the flexibility to do as I choose with the space rather than ones with the divided nature of the WF. A WF size bag with the exterior pockets of the Synapse would be ideal for me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0