Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Larger Synapse

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Do you expect it to be released by July of this year?
    Most likely, yes...
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Most likely, yes...
    Well that's exciting! I'm debating getting the Smart Alec or Brain Bag, but might hold off, depending on how much larger the larger synapse will actually be. Any chance we can get some hint as to how it will fit in the size spectrum?

And in case I haven't said it enough, I enjoy using every one of the products I have gotten from TB & Co. The synapse has been carried to and from work quite regularly. It has also been on several trips, including Europe in big cities and hiking trails in the Smokies/Blue Ridge area. But there are times when I need a bigger bag. I look forward to seeing what comes in the future and to carrying a Smart Alec, Brain Bag or Neuron/whatever it's called!

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    Well that's exciting! I'm debating getting the Smart Alec or Brain Bag, but might hold off, depending on how much larger the larger synapse will actually be. Any chance we can get some hint as to how it will fit in the size spectrum?
    Likely the only hint we'll reveal: the larger Synapse will be around 20" tall.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Likely the only hint we'll reveal: the larger Synapse will be around 20" tall.
    Thanks! I know y'all have to be careful with releasing details too early and having something change, so the info you can give is much appreciated.

For those others that are interested in this new bag, the listed heights for the current backpaces: Synapse (16"), Smart Alec (18.5"), and Brain Bag (18"). That doesn't necessarily mean the large Synapse will be larger volume than either of those, because of the different shapes.
    Darcy likes this.

Please consider this my pre-order for the Megalo Synapse

Looking forward to larger Synapse in 1000d

Yes, I will take one Synapse SuperSize.

Sue
    Synapse 19, Travel Tray, PCSB, Western Flyer, all in Dyneema, Side Effect and pouchmania

T-B
    Darcy, Do you have an update on the larger Synapse? My daughter is doing a research program this summer at the University of Chicago, and she needs a Synapse.... We're trying to hold out for the larger version. Is there a chance that it will be available in time for her? She leaves mid-june.... Love that bag, and even more to love when it is bigger. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by T-B View Post
    Is there a chance that it will be available in time for her? She leaves mid-june.... Love that bag, and even more to love when it is bigger. Thanks!
    Definitely, as long as you're able to pre-order one before they sell out.

It's available now Synapse 25 - Checkpoint Friendly Laptop Backpack - TOM BIHN Pre-ordered mine in black/wasabi to replace my Super Ego. It's still going strong after 7 years, but I'd like something with two straps these days.
    Darcy likes this.

My other message wouldn't post, I guess because I included a URL, so: This is up on the page for pre-order now on the Laptop Bag page. I have my order in for one in black/wasabi to replace my old Super Ego, along with the Cache on Rails bag which looks awesome. Nothing wrong with the Super Ego, it's showing almost no signs of wear after being carried almost every day for 7 years, I'd just decided I'd like a backpack type bag to spread the load over both shoulders. Can't wait for the new Synapse
    Darcy likes this.

Would I be happy with the Synapse 25 coming from a stuffed (regular) Ego? I want something with two straps, can hold my Windows 15" laptop, but also be able to hold my usual EDC. I don't want to list everything here, but when I travel, my Ego is usually stuffed. I just think the Brain Bag would be too large for my usual EDC, and like the look of the Synapse over the Smart Alec better. As long as I can get a Cache with Rails to fit my laptop, I think this will work...

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
    Would I be happy with the Synapse 25 coming from a stuffed (regular) Ego? I want something with two straps, can hold my Windows 15" laptop, but also be able to hold my usual EDC. I don't want to list everything here, but when I travel, my Ego is usually stuffed. I just think the Brain Bag would be too large for my usual EDC, and like the look of the Synapse over the Smart Alec better. As long as I can get a Cache with Rails to fit my laptop, I think this will work...
    I think that the Synapse 25 would be a great change if you're finding your Ego to be a bit on the overfilled side, as it does have two liters of additional volume. What is your laptop model and/or its dimensions? There's a chance your laptop could fit in the size 4Z Cache with Rails.

Beau, thanks, you've also been answering all my questions via email! I placed my pre-order yesterday, and can't wait. Got a trip May 13th, but assume I probably won't have it quite yet... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
    I just got mine today and it's pretty great. I'm moving from a SE, though usually it wasn't holding more than my size 4 Braincell and some odds and ends, so this is a great fit for me. As an aside, the Synapse 25 holds the size 4 + the 4Z Cache at the same time in the main compartment just fine (with my 40oz kleen kanteen in the waterbottle pocket), to give you an idea of the size of that compartment. Also, thanks I presume to the Dynema lining of the Synapse vs the Cordura lining in my SE, the bag itself is much lighter in comparison.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0