Thread: Hemp?

Question Hemp?

I haven't seen the hemp in person and I am considering an Aubergine Imago with the hemp. Is it textured, i.e. would it catch on things? Looks like it might be. Also wondering about its durability.

Thanks!

Chris

JLE
    I had an Imago in Cardinal/Hemp. The hemp is textured but "sealed" (somebody else will be able to describe it more accurately, I'm sure!), so it won't catch. I didn't put it to the test for long but as with all other TB materials I had no concerns about durability. It is a strong visual/textural statement because of the open weave appearance of the material and to be honest it wasn't quite for me. I gave mine to my niece (who loves it!) and now enjoy my other Imago in basic black.

My hemp Little Swift is my first TB bag, my favorite, and my goto. I really love the fabric. It's very unique. I would describe it by saying that the Hemp is slightly embedded into the recycled rubber backing. The threads don't catch on anything that I've had exposure to. It has been used in all kinds of scenarios for me as a mom of 3 (use your imagination) and has survived. I would say it's extremely durable fabric. You can order a sample if you are unsure and want to see it in real life.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP, SC, BB, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, SE2, MCB, RiPad

Several of us had the opportunity to torture test the hemp before it went into production. The stuff is indestructible, I tried, really I did. Someplace in the forum there's a description of what we did to it. You won't hurt it, trust me on this. I LOVE your color choice too.
    Moose
    Last edited by Moose; 12-28-2012 at 03:55 PM.
    SE in olive, plum S19, SE, pouches and Field Journal. uv S19, Shop Bag, Yarn Sack and organizer Pouches. Synapse25 in steel/uv. Medium Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, SE, Swift & Kit in black. Absolute Strap, steel Kit and small dyneema Pouch, wrist straps, kiwi Swift, Citizen Canine & Kit. Abergine Tri Star, Kit and SE. Wasibi & uv Organizer Cube Pouches, July 4th pouch, December 2011 & 2012 Mystery Gift, 2013 parapack mystery gift and last but not least I'm proud FOT.

I have the wallet pouch in hemp and love it! It doesn't catch or snag on anything in my bag or in my pocket. I think you will really like it as well. I was surprised by how nice it is.

I have the Imago in Cardinal/Hemp. As dorayme says, it doesn't catch because it is embedded in the backing. It's a stunning material and is a great counterpoint to the Cardinal (and I think it will be the same with aubergine). I've used it as my computer bag nearly everyday for about a year and it looks brand new.
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

dlg
    wennefer, how big is the laptop you carry in the Imago? Is it in a cache?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0