Computer ideas for Western Flyer

Hi everyone,

I just got a Western Flyer (today!!!) and got a horizontal brain cache to go with it to carry my computer. I am feeling like it is a little overkill for my 15 inch MBP. I am going to be travelling to/living in Berlin for the next few months and want this bag to function as a personal item on the airplane (to go with my aeronaut) and to schlep around with me in daily life. I plan on carrying my computer, my shakuhachi (japanese flute), keyboard, camera equipment in a small case [I plan to put this in one of the front compartments; it is a small sony RX1]. Do you guys let it move around in the back or do you use the brain case or have you come up with other solutions altogether?

Thanks.
    Carolyn

I have a Brain Cell for my Western Flyer, which I'll use when traveling light, and when I might want to carry the computer (either 15in MacBook Pro or 13in MacBook Air) outside of the WF. The Brain Cell is a little bulky, but offers great protection, especially if there's nothing else in the back compartment.

That said, I'm usually traveling with clothing (in a large packing cube) in the back compartment and the Brain Cell is really too big. In that case, I usually just use a cache for the computer. When the WF is pretty full, the cache seems to offer enough protection.
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

Thanks for responding wennefer. All you western flyer fans out there, I did discover that there is a Chrome laptop case that has webbing on the back so it can clip into the clips on the back. It fits perfectly! Chrome Laptop Sleeve | Chrome Industries

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0