Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By backpack

Thread: iPhone 5 & Imago

iPhone 5 & Imago

Does anyone know if the iPhone 5, in a protective case, would fit in the side pocket of the Imago? Thanks!
    Indigo/Solar Western Flyer, Aubergine/Steel Tri Star, Nordic/Steel Aeronaut, Indigo/Solar Synapse, Cocoa/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Aubergine/Hemp/Steel Imago, Wasabi Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Small Shop Bags, Solar Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Large Shop Bags, Indigo, Wasabi Dyneema, and Plum 3D Organizer Cubes, Wasabi Dyneema Travel Tray, Wasabi Dyneema Large Yarn Stuff Sack, Small, Mini and Pen/Pencil Pouches, an assortment of key straps

Yes! It does!

Thanks! That's great!
    Indigo/Solar Western Flyer, Aubergine/Steel Tri Star, Nordic/Steel Aeronaut, Indigo/Solar Synapse, Cocoa/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Aubergine/Hemp/Steel Imago, Wasabi Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Small Shop Bags, Solar Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Large Shop Bags, Indigo, Wasabi Dyneema, and Plum 3D Organizer Cubes, Wasabi Dyneema Travel Tray, Wasabi Dyneema Large Yarn Stuff Sack, Small, Mini and Pen/Pencil Pouches, an assortment of key straps

One follow up question, Badger (or anyone else!). What kind of protective case did you get? I was overwhelmed with the choices. I just bought it today and am deciding between the 5 and the Samsung Galaxy S iii, which has a big screen I could really use, as well as talking Google maps. I have all Apple products, though, and it sure is nice how everything syncs together. This will be a hard decision. Thanks!

How old is the Imago used to test the iPhone 5? My iPhone 4 with a case doesn't always fit in the Ultrasuede pockets of my Imago from 2009.
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

I don't have an Imago but my advice is to stay away from Dumbdroid. Droid software is a hot mess and Samsux hardware is not far behind.

The husband unit, who just bought a Nexsux, tried to program on droid and the code is just horrendous.

He will be programming on Apple and I am going to get an iPad Mini for Valentines or earlier.

That will end my long suffering association with Samsux and its dangerously unreliable software/hardware interface. The thing reminds me of all the bags with unravelled seams, unreliable closure, heavy footprint, and awkward, as well as painful unergonomic, which were my lot until I discovered Tom Bihn Bags.

As a Tom Bihn customer and long time Apple user I take reliability for granted.

PS: Just want to spare you the aggravation, I don't work for Apple. I had a "smart" Microsoft phone before that, thus assumed that portable smart devices=bad.
    I went to a store and there was an iPad Mini to play with, I actually had loads of fun using it and it completely changed my perception of portable devices.

PPS: Google Map for iPhone has just been released.

Thanks for the info backpack. I've been playing with the new 5 tonight and really like it. As you say, you can take reliability for granted with any apple product. Thanks for the info on google maps; I hadn't heard that.

@marbenais - I have a 2012 Imago and my new iPhone 5 just fit into the pocket without a case. I'll definitely have to buy a slim case for it. The narrower design helps, but it takes up all the vertical space for sure.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    I have two cases for my iPhone 5. One is the Sena Ultra Slim in tan leather. This is the most minimal case you can wish for - very smart and, as you slip the phone out to use it, allows you to really appreciate the look and feel of the product. The other is the Otter-Box Defender. Absolutely the opposite of the Sena case! It's chunky and very, very protective and, though I just bought it to use when I'm out biking, I now use t almost all the time.

I had the Ultra Slim for my iPhone 4 and made this video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5MVBz5F3Oto

I haven't made one for the Defender, but there are lots on YouTube.

thanks Fat Crip, and nice video! The Ultra Slim looks really nice. I just discovered a protector from Zagg also, that has military grade shielding but a very thin design. The number of options are amazing.

I have an Incipio feather case. It adds barely 1 mm. to the phone. It probably wouldn't do the best job of actually protecting the phone if it was dropped from a great height, but, then again, for a person of my stature this is not a big worry. Ahem.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0