Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lonestar6
  • 1 Post By cucciasv

Thread: How do you use the bottom front pocket of the Synapse?

How do you use the bottom front pocket of the Synapse?

Even though I carry my Synapse with me all the time, I recently realized that I don't use the bottom front pocket anymore. I'm not quite sure when this happened. I used to put my Side Effect in there but found that it wasn't so easy to get it in and out and ended up keeping it in the main compartment. I sometimes stick a small jacket in there, but that's only in the summer when it may rain.

I can't be walking around with all that precious space when I could fill it with something useful. I'm obviously not using my Synapse to its full potential.

So, what does everyone use this pocket for?

I use mine to keep a sweater or light jacket in cooler weather or a spare water bottle in hotter weather, yet I know what you are talking about as often it tends to be empty for me too.The guilt is too much! : )

When I used my Synapse daily I had an organizer pouch clipped in to the lower front pocket that often holds a small headlamp with spare batteries as well as a charger for my I-things. Nowadays the Smart Alec is my daily bag.

Besides the jackets or other backup piece of clothing , including sleepers in areas where snow, rain or tradition makes it polite to remove one's shoes. I think the lower pocket of the Synapse is great for put stuff in and forget it until unexpected delays strike.

It is a great place to keep a Kit or an Organizer Pouch with snacks that keep forever (nuts and dried fruits), tin of mint, little packets of water flavoring, hot chocolate, tea bags, instant coffee...

Extra diapers or girl stuff for those days when the unexpected happen.

Depending of what your job or favorite hobby is, extra small and unbreable stuff to make it easier for the next class or expedition are always welcomed.

or

Bento box with lunch

MBP charger and cable.

Items vary but have been shoes, shop bag, kit, stitching project and sometimes my mail. It really depends on what the day brings. Really soon it'll be a kiwi Citizen Canine for my new rescue buddy Oliver.
    Take care,
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

KmK
    It has held batteries, granola bars, flip flops, a pack towel, extra tee, multitool, playing cards, gloves and hat, small op of tea, stevia, water flavors, Via... So many options!

Sea to Summit travel umbrella and laptop power brick. The umbrealla comes with a zippered case that happens to be the perfect size for the power brick and fits prefectly with the umbrella in the lower front zippered pocket.

A steel thermos full of sweetened espresso, and a Lunchbot with a big slice of Panettone Motta

Someone please help me!
    I have BAS (Bihn Acquisition Syndrome)!!

Jacket (usually a Marmot Driclime).

Thanks to everyone for all the great ideas.

For day to day I like backpack's idea of using it for non-perishable food or things that I may need someday but don't want them getting in the way of the things I need more often. Since I am not used to constantly going in there treating it like it is the cellar pantry may work well for me.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0