iPad Cadet or Wait for the Rumored Larger Co-pilot

I love my Synapse but the olive green color is not always appropriate for the business circles I travel in. I want to get a small briefcase for those times I can't use the backpack. The iPad Cadet's dimensions appear to be perfect for what I want, however the rumors of a larger Co-Pilot being on Tom's drawing board has me hesitating to take the plunge. The latter's design is perfect for my needs and the former leaves a little to be desired (water bottle compartment).

All that said, if the new Co-pilot is greater than 14.5" in width I likely will not buy it. I am a small person and anything larger than that width is awkward for me.

If I wasn't concerned about the Co-Pilot's ability to house letter sized folders without damage I'd grab that in a second.

Any suggestions out there?

I don't know what to tell you because I have exactly the same dilemma.

The Cadet is the absolute perfect small briefcase with a very business like air, I just can see anyone in a formal setting using it with flair.

However, the Pilot is the perfect minimalist briefcase, I say minimalist compared to my frame, on the tall side and curvy (the Large Cafe Bag looks on me the way the Small looks on Lani who is petite and has posted the cutest picture of her and her new Dyneema Small Cafe Bag).

For my size, the Pilot is more like a 60's purse, it should be perfect if you have a petite frame.

I thought I was going to wait for sure for the Pilot, but the Dyneema Co-Pilot looks like the perfect personal item.

I will see what the length and the timing of the Pilot unveiling turns out to be.
    Last edited by backpack; 12-10-2012 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PGJohnson View Post
    I love my Synapse but the olive green color is not always appropriate for the business circles I travel in. I want to get a small briefcase for those times I can't use the backpack. The iPad Cadet's dimensions appear to be perfect for what I want, however the rumors of a larger Co-Pilot being on Tom's drawing board has me hesitating to take the plunge. The latter's design is perfect for my needs and the former leaves a little to be desired (water bottle compartment).

All that said, if the new Co-pilot is greater than 14.5" in width I likely will not buy it. I am a small person and anything larger than that width is awkward for me.

If I wasn't concerned about the Co-Pilot's ability to house letter sized folders without damage I'd grab that in a second.

Any suggestions out there?
    P.S I am aware of the Imago. It's dimensions are almost perfect and in all black it would make a nice case. Yet having no water bottle/coffee travel mug pocket, seemingly tiny side pockets and no handle it is just missing too many features other bags have. Also, I'd like it to be little bit wider (1" maybe?)

(Alright, I'm done whining.)

Thanks for that "backpack"!
    Last edited by PGJohnson; 12-12-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0