Ristretto 13" and Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon

Hi,

I'm interested in using the Ristretto 13" with a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon. The dimensions of the X1 Carbon are 13.03" x 8.9", with a thickness of 0.74". The MacBook Air 13", which the Ristretto is designed for, is 12.8" x 8.94", with a thickness of 0.68".

I emailed customer service and they said that the X1 Carbon would probably fit, but that they weren't sure about whether the increase in width (from 12.8" to 13.03") would be OK (the increase in thickness shouldn't be an issue). Can anyone who has a Ristretto 13" and a MacBook Air 13" check to see if there's enough room for a 0.23" vertical increase in the size of the laptop?

Thanks!

Update: I decided to just buy the bag anyway. The laptop fits pretty well, with the sole problem that the flap in the bag for covering the laptop has two stitch lines at the two points where it should be "folded" (once to form the top side of the padding, and once more for the back side). This is a little off with the X1 Carbon, because it's longer than the MBA 13". So the stitch line that should've lined up with the second corner lines up with the first, and you just have to bend the padding material for the second corner.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Thank you for the update! This will help us give other folks with the Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon a more definitive answer.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Would you mind posting a couple of pictures of how much the laptop sticks out when the bag is open and what the bag looks like closed? I have an X1 Carbon Touch.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0