Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Darcy
  • 1 Post By drbobguy

Thread: Synapse colours

Synapse colours

Will there be Black/Wasabi and Black/Iberian back again soon? I want to grab a Synapse but if it's going to be a long wait I might settle for another colour.
    I really would like a bright lining for visibility purposes at night but right now only Black/steel is available.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hahaitme View Post
    Will there be Black/Wasabi and Black/Iberian back again soon? I want to grab a Synapse but if it's going to be a long wait I might settle for another colour.
    I really would like a bright lining for visibility purposes at night but right now only Black/steel is available.
    You'll see Iberian and Wasabi-lined Synapses up for pre-order sometime in December, though they won't ship until early 2013 (maybe February or March).
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    You'll see Iberian and Wasabi-lined Synapses up for pre-order sometime in December, though they won't ship until early 2013 (maybe February or March).
    Yay! Upset with myself that I missed the Black/Iberian combo :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Thanks Darcy, will be ordering one for myself and one for a friend then!

Now the hard part, deciding whether I want Wasabi or Iberian

While we're on the topic of the Synapse, wasn't there a thread somewhere about possible future modifications to this already awesome bag?

I'm about to pre-order! But does anyone have suggestions for accessories? I'm thinking of grabbing a 3D organizer cube for toiletries or maybe to hold food in, not sure of what else I'd need.

Quote Originally Posted by nukediver View Post
    While we're on the topic of the Synapse, wasn't there a thread somewhere about possible future modifications to this already awesome bag?
    I think I saw mentioned somewhere the possibility of upsizing the Synapse. I think many people find it a great bag, but a bit smallish. It's streamlined like the Smart Alec, but opens more traditionally and has more organization like the Brain Bag.

May I suggest calling it the "Neuron" as that keeps with the brain metaphor (brain bag, synapse, brain cell, smart alec), but it's a slightly larger structure in the brain than the synapse.

I used to say that Tom doesn't modify bags, he makes new ones.

With the re-design of the Smart Alex, I am a loss for words, a rarity in my case, because the new design is so out of this world smart, it has put the Smart Alec on my "possible contender wish list."

I love the Synapse as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I love the Synapse as it is.
    I, too, love the Synapse as it is, which is why I was wondering about modifications. I'd love to order a Conifer/Steel before it goes away, but if there were going to be modifications, I'd wait. If the modifications are to upsize it, I'd better scrounge around in the couch for enough change to place my order!

Nukediver, I think you should order the Conifer Steel. I don't remember any posts mentioning Synapse modifications.

For petite persons and as an EDC it is ideal!

My personal preference is to go from Synapse to Brain Bag and from Small to Large Cafe Bag, skipping the middle size.

Either I carry big stuff or for trips or I zip along doing errands in the city, there is also no law that says I can't carry a Shop Bag, in addition, if I intend to do just what the Shop Bag is for.

You can order it, try it and see how well it fits you.

Sometimes the "I wish the bag was bigger" thinking goes away when trying it on, next to a Brain Bag it looks small but it real life it is a good sized backpack which can double as travel bag for the petite persons and as "a one emergency, light outfit holder" plus EDC for medium sized people.

Quote Originally Posted by nukediver View Post
    I'd love to order a Conifer/Steel before it goes away,
    Do it
    Easier to swap/gift/re-sell than to make your color combo reappear when you want it

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0