What are those "snaps" inside the Aeronaut?

I just received my new Aeronaut, and I'm a little bit confused. In the main compartment, there are 4 tabs that pull the sides towards the center of the inside, attached with what look like metal snaps.

Is this a permanent attachment (to give the sides some structure), or are these supposed to be unsnappable, so that the sides can bow out more as you fill the main compartment? I couldn't find anything about these in the bag description.

I tried to "unsnap" one of these, but there was enough resistance that I was concerned that it was permanent, and I didn't want to damage the fabric.

Can someone fill me in on these? Whatever they are, they only attach to the lining, which is worrisome - I'd think there should be attached to some more solid layer in there (perhaps a thicker nylon strap that ran between the lining and the outside).

- Tim

Ahhh, nevermind - I see that these are mentioned in some of the reviews: First Take: Tom Bihn Aeronaut travel bag

So they ARE unsnappable - good to know. I'd still worry that the snaps would tear the material somehow if pulled without caution, but perhaps the Dyneema is tough enough to take it?

- Tim

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0