Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Darcy
  • 1 Post By moriond

Thread: Organizer Pouches - Anyway to guarantee what color you get?

Organizer Pouches - Anyway to guarantee what color you get?

I've been bitten by the Wasabi bug and it hurts real bad!! Just got my Aeronaught in Black/Wasabi along with a Wasabi Packing Cube Backpack and now I'm looking to accessorize with anything wasabi colored!!

Unfortunately, most of the items I want are back ordered (Travel Tray, Clear Quarter Packing Cube), so my eye has turned to the Dyneema/nylon Organizer Pouches!

Soooooo, is there anyway that I can be guaranteed to get them in Wasabi? I'm quite OCD about things matching, so I don't really want the pouches in any other color....

Cheers!!

PS, more wasabi!!! If the packing cubes came in wasabi, I'd be buying another Large and 2 End Pockets right away!!
    Last edited by Hemel; 10-19-2012 at 01:52 PM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I hear you. Wasabi is pretty awesome.

Which sizes of Wasabi Dyneema/nylon pouches are you looking for?
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I hear you. Wasabi is pretty awesome.

Which sizes of Wasabi Dyneema/nylon pouches are you looking for?
    Hi Darcy,

I'm looking for a medium and a small!

Any chance of a Wasabi Travel Tray or Clear Quarter Packing Cube hidden behind some boxes somewhere in the warehouse?

Thanks for the reply! Gotta love the customer service you guys provide!! Top notch!
    Cheers!

JLE
    Hey, Darcy, can I piggyback onto this thread and request wasabi organiser pouches in for the order I just put in today? I forgot to request in the order itself...

Quote Originally Posted by Hemel View Post
    Hi Darcy,

I'm looking for a medium and a small!

Any chance of a Wasabi Travel Tray or Clear Quarter Packing Cube hidden behind some boxes somewhere in the warehouse?

Thanks for the reply! Gotta love the customer service you guys provide!! Top notch!
    Cheers!
    We have one Mini in Wasabi, two Small, and plenty of Medium and Large. Scott (our Shipping Lead) put one Medium and one Small aside for you. When you're ready to place your order, put this in the comments box during checkout: "Scott has put aside one Small and one Medium Dyneema/nylon Organizer Pouch in Wasabi for me. Please include them in this order."

You're welcome.

As for the Travel Tray and Clear Quarter Packing Cube in Wasabi... there are none left. However... it now looks like there's a chance will get more Wasabi (and Iberian) fabric in sooner than expected. That means a Travel Tray in Wasabi could ship as soon as early December. We'll see!
    Last edited by Darcy; 10-20-2012 at 09:58 AM.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by JLE View Post
    Hey, Darcy, can I piggyback onto this thread and request wasabi organiser pouches in for the order I just put in today? I forgot to request in the order itself...
    Yes! PM me your order number, or better yet, send an email to orderchanges@tombihn.com with your color preferences. That way, our shipping crew will see your email first thing Monday morning.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We have one Mini in Wasabi, two Small, and plenty of Medium and Large. Scott (our Shipping Lead) put one Medium and one Small aside for you. When you're ready to place your order, put this in the comments box during checkout: "Scott has put aside one Small and one Medium Dyneema/nylon Organizer Pouch in Wasabi for me. Please include them in this order."

You're welcome.

As for the Travel Tray and Clear Quarter Packing Cube in Wasabi... there are none left. However... it now looks like there's a chance will get more Wasabi (and Iberian) fabric in sooner than expected. That means a Travel Tray in Wasabi could ship as soon as early December. We'll see!
    Umm, maybe I should also remind people that the Wasabi option is still showing up on the clear organizer wallet product page, if that's correct status and is also of any interest to list members? Good news on the chance of more of these fabrics coming in sooner than expected.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemel View Post
    PS, more wasabi!!! If the packing cubes came in wasabi, I'd be buying another Large and 2 End Pockets right away!!
    @Hemel I don't think they've done packing cubes, apart from the packing cube shoulder bag, in the various colored Dyneema materials for some time. There was a period when they offered some of these in solar, and I have an Aeronaut end cube in that color. I've excerpted a picture of this, and a few of the Wasabi Travel Stuff Sack pictures, from my post in the Windbreaker/light rain jacket in Dyneema pouch? thread
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post

This is the Pack-It Specter Cube holding a men's XXL jacket in the Imago. The cube sits all the way in the bag when it's not pulled out. (The quarter cube at the left is holding my down vest, and the size #2 Wasabi travel stuff sack at the right is holding my nylon windbreaker (woman's small). )
    Attachment 2704
    Here's the Specter Cube with men's XXL jacket pulled out of the Imago, with a Solar Aeronaut Packing Cube (end-pocket) for comparison. (I'd probably use that packing cube in preference to the Specter Cube for a jacket. You can't tell from the picture, but the Specter cube nylon is super light-weight, and only holds its shape from the packed contents.)
    Attachment 2705
    The #2 Wasabi travel stuff sack with down vest and a packed quarter cube seen against the Co-Pilot
    Attachment 2707
    I don't think any of the Dyneema colors introduced after Solar were offered as regular packing cubes. I know I asked about this when Iberian came out. By this time the packing cube backpack and shoulder bag options were available, and the Dyneema color options went to these, and the Clear Quarter Packing Cube. Remember there are also the travel stuff sacks, regular yarn stuff sacks, and the wasabi colored key strap as options. By the way, I've only excerpted part of the post in my quote, so you can read the original post and thread for more details.

moriond
    Hemel likes this.

@Darcy - Thank you very very much!! Such great customer service and this (along with great products) is why I love this company so much!

@moriond - Thanks for the link and the pictures! My next order will include a Travel Sack (in Wasabi of course ). I'm thinking of just biting the bullet and getting 2 small and 2 end pocked Aeronaut packing cubes....(either than or another Backpack packing cube just so that the inside of the main compartment will match!)