Best accompany bag?

Hi guys,
    I just placed an order for a smart Alec backpack and vertical brain cell for a portable office solution. I have a few week long trips coming up and looking for a bag to bring with. I'd be bring 2 laptops (personal and work) few pairs of slacks, couple dress shirts, few pair of jeans, and all the rest of the jazz that comes with a week of work and casual wear. I'm trying to not check my luggage which is what brought me to Tom bihn. I was looking at the Aeronaut with the smart Alec but I'm concerned with the size of the backpack being to large to be considered a "personal" item. Any thoughts regarding these two bags together for flying.

Thanks!

The Smart Alec is not a small backpack, but it will fit under the seat in front of you. I've never had an issue with a flight attendant commenting on it as a personal item while traveling in the States, but I could imagine it happening.

I'm a 5'4" tall woman and find it difficult to travel with both my Smart Alec and Tristar because I really need to carry my Tristar on my back unless it's filled with really light stuff. For me, I think that the Western Flyer would be a better option for carrying with the Smart Alec (which is my go-to laptop bag), but I am also a wimp.
    Last edited by snowbot; 10-03-2012 at 08:50 AM. Reason: forgot to mention how I need to carry the Tristar

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantJ View Post
    Hi guys,
    I just placed an order for a smart Alec backpack and vertical brain cell for a portable office solution. I have a few week long trips coming up and looking for a bag to bring with. I'd be bring 2 laptops (personal and work) few pairs of slacks, couple dress shirts, few pair of jeans, and all the rest of the jazz that comes with a week of work and casual wear. I'm trying to not check my luggage which is what brought me to Tom bihn. I was looking at the Aeronaut with the smart Alec but I'm concerned with the size of the backpack being to large to be considered a "personal" item. Any thoughts regarding these two bags together for flying.

Thanks!
    Welcome, GrantJ!

I agree with snowbot: if you're flying within the U.S., I don't think you'll have a problem using the Aeronaut as your carry-on and the Smart Alec as your "personal" item. I've flown with that exact combination of bags without issue and have talked with several customers who have also had no issue flying with those bags.

Let us know your thoughts once you receive your Smart Alec.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I too have flown using the Smart Alec as a personal item without difficulty. It has easily fit under the seat in all regional jets I have flown on as well as on those tiny beechcraft planes where each of the 19 seats is a window and an aisle seat.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0