Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Anyone use a Co-Pilot as a purse?

I too wasn't a big fan of the Dyneema as anything other than a liner- at first, but after purchasing the PCSB at the last minute before a trip, and having it work so wonderfully...and then purchasing a couple of Shop Bags....well, it's really grown on me as well. I still don't know that I'd purchase a Synapse or Co-pilot with a Dyneema exterior, but then again, who knows?!

The black/UV is a great combo. A black/UV Synapse was my first TB family member. It blew me away! I still really like it, however, Navy/Iberian is my MUST-HAVE combo. In fact, when the Synapse was later offered in Navy/Iberian, I snapped it up...even though I already had one in black/UV Sad, eh?! I still use 'em both though To my hubby's dismay, I like to mix up my bags...frequently! Different colors, different styles At least it makes holidays easy for him ("Hey honey, what bag do you want for your birthday?")....the funniest part (to me!) is that he STILL likes to shake his head and say "I just don't get why you want ANOTHER bag"....tee hee!
    Lani and Hollie like this.

Oh dear. So, Dorayme had mentioned that she wan't a big fan of Dyneema until she got her first Shop bag. I guessed that the Shop bags were for shopping (the name is a clue), and I have a ton of those canvas bags so I didn't even bother to go look at what she was talking about. Until just now.

Oh my gosh, how useful! With the side pockets for bottles and such! And if the straps are as much like the Swift as they look, the Shop bag is surely insanely comfortable to wear.

BAS. BAS. BAS.
    Lani and dorayme like this.
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    "I just don't get why you want ANOTHER bag"....tee hee!
    oh Tlacltme, Rocky says the same thing. Even though he does get it now. He's seen how well they are made, but he still picks on me for my bag herd (or hoard depending on who you ask).

My latest strategy is that I've shifted to buying them for the kids and as gifts. . . He can't argue against that. I want to make the most of our shipping costs so if I add in one or two for me on the order it's actually saving us money! just kidding

And as far as having duplicates of the same bag, isn't it recommended in building your wardrobe that if you find something that works for you and flatters to buy one in every color? ;-}

I have a rainbow of Shop Bags and Large Shop Bags but I actually use them all. We shop for groceries once a week or maybe a little less frequently, on a trip that includes non food items like toilet paper and dog food, I use them all. As my kids grow, thats only getting worse as I'm sure you could tell me. . .

The Little Swift just works for me as a handbag. I havent found an equal. I've tried many over the years with varying styles, materials, makes, etc. My love of bags and shoes should make me want to have many handbags, but I don't. The LS is it for me. I need to get the others I own out because I don't use them.

I have 3 LS and if the right color for me comes along, I will buy another. I don't wear the same clothes everyday, but I'm perfectly fine having a handbag uniform. It keeps me organized, and there is comfort in the familiar. This is one area that actually has been a savings. By not having an appetite for expensive designer handbags, especially the disposable varieties (either in quality or in fadish style) my reasonable purchase will outlive alternatives and the cost can be spread out over time.

I'm still wearing Birkenstocks I wore 20 years ago in college because of these same principles. . . The other shoes have long since gone by the wayside due to fashion, comfort, wear or poor construction, but my Birks are going strong.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
    Oh my gosh, how useful! With the side pockets for bottles and such! And if the straps are as much like the Swift as they look, the Shop bag is surely insanely comfortable to wear.
    Yeah. Sorry. I cannot hide my affinity for Tom Bihn products.

I had a plethora of canvas bags and even worse, those non woven bags that you can buy at the register for a buck or two. . . Shop Bags are to those what a canvas bag is to a Plastic T-shirt bag.

Stronger
    Comfortable
    Multipurpose
    Organizable
    Pretty
    Functional
    Longer life
    Easier to keep clean

And there's more but I'm too tired at 2 am to think of them. Try one. You'll see. Just add it into your co-pilot order. . . Or if you have the time, just swing by the factory and check it out in person.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
    Oh dear. So, Dorayme had mentioned that she wan't a big fan of Dyneema until she got her first Shop bag. I guessed that the Shop bags were for shopping (the name is a clue), and I have a ton of those canvas bags so I didn't even bother to go look at what she was talking about. Until just now.

BAS. BAS. BAS.
    Hollie, not to facilitate your BAS but the shop bags are FABULOUS. They, like many TB products, far exceeded my expectations. I thought they would be a dyneema version of, y'know, the grocery store "green bag." Not so. The shoulder straps. The o rings and key straps. The side pockets. I was so impressed. I actually don't use them (I have 2) for groceries because, well, there are 10 of us and I'd need about 25 large shop bags for my trips. But they are great for errands: mail this package, return these library books, drop off snacks, etc. I've also been using one as a gym bag and it's PERFECT for me in that capacity. They also make great gifts! I've given them to some of my sisters and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    oh Tlacltme, Rocky says the same thing. Even though he does get it now. He's seen how well they are made, but he still picks on me for my bag herd (or hoard depending on who you ask).

My latest strategy is that I've shifted to buying them for the kids and as gifts. . . He can't argue against that. I want to make the most of our shipping costs so if I add in one or two for me on the order it's actually saving us money! just kidding

Hehe. I love this! I do the same thing

And as far as having duplicates of the same bag, isn't it recommended in building your wardrobe that if you find something that works for you and flatters to buy one in every color? ;-}

I have a rainbow of Shop Bags and Large Shop Bags but I actually use them all. We shop for groceries once a week or maybe a little less frequently, on a trip that includes non food items like toilet paper and dog food, I use them all. As my kids grow, thats only getting worse as I'm sure you could tell me. . .

The Little Swift just works for me as a handbag. I havent found an equal. I've tried many over the years with varying styles, materials, makes, etc. My love of bags and shoes should make me want to have many handbags, but I don't. The LS is it for me. I need to get the others I own out because I don't use them.
    Yes, I need to do the same with my non-TB bags that I no longer use or really like anymore! I wish the Little Swift were the only it for me Instead, I seem to enjoy the variety life: the various styles and colors. I change my EDC at least weekly. Some weeks it's the Synapse. Others, the LCB. Or the Co-Pilot. Or the LS, though it's actually a perfect fit for me, and I prefer having extra room as it seems someone, ahem, is always having me "quick hold" this or that...hence my eyeing Hollie's cork Swift. I also find that it depends on the season- now that it's fall, I like to having space to throw an extra sweatshirt for the baby. During the summer I found I was using the Co-Pilot and LCB more because my kids play a lot of baseball and soccer and so I liked being able to hang my EDC on the back of the stroller.
    dorayme likes this.

Just a quick note- I got a kick outta we moms of young kids rockin the forums at 1 am! Tee hee! In between loads of laundry and washing the kitchen floor for me

yes, seems like we have to grab a free moment when we can!

My husband saw a post I made here about having my Tom Bihn boxes stashed out of his sight, after that he made a comment about having no more space for new bags.

Our place is tiny, so he has a point, I thought it would be better to skip the summer order which meant missing out on the Little Swifts in the yummy new colors,

But... he needs a new belt and I also could use one that is not made overseas and falls apart every 2 years.

Do you think the Travel Money Belt would look ok for business casual dress? I am also thinking of replacing his made overseas shoes, which are not doing his feet any favor, by suede Soft Star shoes?

What do you all think?

I also need the Neena paper to fill my Field Journal Notebook and a couple of things in UV I don't already have.
    Last edited by backpack; 09-10-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    My husband saw a post I made here about having my Tom Bihn boxes stashed out of his sight, after that he made a comment about having no more space for new bags.
    You *know* you can pack empty bags in bigger bags, right? That way all your bags don't take up much more space!!!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

I got to this conversation SO late in the game! I wanted to add that I use my Co-Pilot as a combo briefcase and purse as well. I carry a couple of folders each day, sometimes my iPad, and of course my travel coffee mug. I've tried other bags for a switch-up, but nothing works better for the workday than this bag. My only wish is that it were about 1" wider and taller for those folders, whose corners keep getting permanently bent.

I'm 5'0" and it definitely looks more like a briefcase on me, but that's fine. I find it indispensable because of its organization. Anyhow, the reason I'm posting now is to comment that the 3D organizer cube fits perfectly into one of the inner pockets in the main compartment. I put all my purse-like items in there, e.g., folding hairbrush, hand sanitizer, nail file, etc. I can just grab that and my wallet (clipped into the front phone pocket and head out at lunchtime. Also, I can transfer my 3D cube into one of my small cafe bags on the weekend and instantly change from work mode to weekend mode. Those 3D cubes are so handy!

Since the UV interior wasn't available when I got my Co-Pilot, I bought a plum 3D cube and plum keystraps to make up for the lack of color splash inside.
    Indigo/Solar Western Flyer, Aubergine/Steel Tri Star, Nordic/Steel Aeronaut, Indigo/Solar Synapse, Cocoa/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Aubergine/Hemp/Steel Imago, Wasabi Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Small Shop Bags, Solar Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Large Shop Bags, Indigo, Wasabi Dyneema, and Plum 3D Organizer Cubes, Wasabi Dyneema Travel Tray, Wasabi Dyneema Large Yarn Stuff Sack, Small, Mini and Pen/Pencil Pouches, an assortment of key straps

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    You *know* you can pack empty bags in bigger bags, right? That way all your bags don't take up much more space!!!
    Lani, my Tom Bihn Bags give me so much joy, sometimes I display them.

For example, I lined up 3 Swifts and one Swift ancestor in front on my bedroom closet.
    The Swifts are usually put away inside the closet. I have all my yarn and needlework related books as well as a stash of small canvas in them.

I only do the lineup when I am ready to start a new canvas work.

Our place is a one bedroom and space managment is very challenging.

My husband displays his computers, I can display my TB bags.

So what do you think about the Travel Money Belt as part of business casual dress?
    Lani likes this.

I've ordered the same Co-pilot as you for my new EDC/commute bag. Should be here tomorrow I hope. Can't wait to get it all sorted - love me some compartments!!
    Happy owner of: Black & UltraViolet Co-Pilot, Kiwi Swift, Azelea Little Swift, Azelea 3D Clear organizer Cube, Turquoise Little Swift, Turquoise Medium Cafe Bag, Plum Field Journal, Plum Large Cafe Bag, Plum Small Cafe Bag, Black Large Cafe Bag, Wasabi CQPC plus lots of travel stuff sacks, Yarn stuff sacks, organiser pouches, travel trays etc

I just want you guys to know that I hate this thread. I had TOTALLY written off the co-pilot as a bag I didn't need. I mean I've got the LCB and the MCB and another bag kind of like the co-pilot from another company. I even tried out the Imago and wasn't a huge fan. Now I stare at the co-pilot daily thinking maybe I do need it. You ladies are killing me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post

My husband displays his computers, I can display my TB bags.
    I am a husband and I can proudly announce that I display my computers AND my TB bags! I have to mask my Bihn Acquisition Syndrome (BAS) a bit better, though. You-know-who is noticing some new Dyneema of late...

Someone please help me!
    I have BAS (Bihn Acquisition Syndrome)!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0