Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By brian

Thread: Bags inside bags

keb

Bags inside bags

Anyone with too much time on their hands know what bags fit inside other bags? Like I know that my Synapse will fit into my Aeronaut, etc...?

I'm particularly curious about the 15/13 Cadet (I'm thinking without the added bulk of the Cache insert) and whether it will fit into the Empire Builder, Aeronaut, or WF/Tristar as a kind of Brain Cell substitute.
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar)

I work at TOM BIHN
    Quote Originally Posted by keb View Post
    Anyone with too much time on their hands know what bags fit inside other bags? Like I know that my Synapse will fit into my Aeronaut, etc...?

I'm particularly curious about the 15/13 Cadet (I'm thinking without the added bulk of the Cache insert) and whether it will fit into the Empire Builder, Aeronaut, or WF/Tristar as a kind of Brain Cell substitute.

Hi Keb!

I tried this out today with a 15/13 Cadet, with Katy's 15" MacBook Pro inside. The Cache insert didn't really effect the bulk/size of the Cadet at all, from what I saw. The 15/13 Cadet does seem to fit into the Empire Builder and the Aeronaut, but it takes up a substantial amount of room in either of these bags; a good bit more so than a 4Z Horizontal Brain Cell would. In order to fit it into the Empire Builder, I did have to fold the Cadet's handles down to zip the EB fully shut. Keep in mind that I only had Katy's computer in the Cadet when I tried this, no accessories or books or anything.

The 15/13 Cadet "sort of" fits into the Tri-Star, but I would strongly recommend against doing this; in order to fit the Cadet into the Tri-Star, I had to squish and deform the Cadet, and struggle with the Tri-Star's zippers. Over time, this could potentially damage both bags. The 15/13 Cadet does not fit into the Western Flyer.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if there are any other combinations of our bags you'd like us to test out for you.
    Darcy and backpack like this.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

keb
    Thanks Brian! I've been debating downsizing to a Cadet from the EB for a while but I sometimes need the extra space of the EB, so I started thinking maybe I would be able to sometimes have the best of both worlds instead of having to pack and unpack when I need the space. (I'd probably go cacheless (new TB word?) for now, since I've also been debating downsizing from my 15" MacBook Pro that is sooo heavy). What to do, what to do...
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar)

I've easily loaded my Large Cafe Bag into one of the Brain Bag's main compartments.

I can confirm the Western Flyer fits in the main compartment of the Aeronaut. It's not easy but it can happen. If you try this, leave the side/end pockets of the Aeronaut empty until after the WF is all zipped in.

keb
    Quote Originally Posted by chica View Post
    I can confirm the Western Flyer fits in the main compartment of the Aeronaut. It's not easy but it can happen. If you try this, leave the side/end pockets of the Aeronaut empty until after the WF is all zipped in.
    That's cool. I often pack the center compartment of the Aeronaut using the WF large packing cube.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0