Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Help! 3 weeks in Europe - trains, planes and no idea what luggage to use

We did 7 weeks in Europe (late Sept-early Nov) - mainly leisure but included a conference. One mid-sized delsey spinner plus a WF sized carry on each strapped on top. (no laptops though, just two iphones plus a shared ipad) and a shared ristretto.

I notice you could collapse your load to two bags when necessary so I imagine our load was not unlike yours - really no problems for the style of travel we do (mainly urban, staying put for at least few days at each stop). I would lighten it a little for the next time but not much.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Of course, due to RyanAir's one-cabin-bag-only policy (no personal item), my Western Flyer is emptied and packed into either my Aeronaut or my checked bag when we're on RyanAir. I've gotten to the point where if we can avoid RyanAir - there's other discount airlines in Europe that are getting to be just as cheap but are more traveler-friendly in their policies.
    List under construction ....

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    What took up so much space?
    It's because we're traveling for work. In addition to the usual things you'd take for a vacation, plus all the usual things you'd take for work, I also end up carrying a surprising number of gifts for our European office from the staff in our US office. So I feel a bit like a pack mule! And on the return trip, I have gifts from our European office bound for our US office. Fun stuff!

Last year's trip also involved a conference, on top of all of that. So while traveling light is one of my goals, it just wasn't possible for that trip. I went as light as I could within the constraints of the "must take" items I had. This time around, I'm going to post a packing list, I think. And this next trip is going to be even more interesting because it's an extra week and adds a cruise.
    Super Ego, Ristretto, Western Flyer, Brain Cell, Travel Tray, Lots of Packing Cubes, Organizer Pouches & Straps, Snake Charmer and much, much more...

Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    We did 7 weeks in Europe (late Sept-early Nov) - mainly leisure but included a conference. One mid-sized delsey spinner plus a WF sized carry on each strapped on top. (no laptops though, just two iphones plus a shared ipad) and a shared ristretto.

I notice you could collapse your load to two bags when necessary so I imagine our load was not unlike yours - really no problems for the style of travel we do (mainly urban, staying put for at least few days at each stop). I would lighten it a little for the next time but not much.
    That's going to be my goal this time around. I started a new thread to figure out if I want to switch from the Aeronaut to a Brain Bag or a Tri-Star, and then I'm going to see if I can cut my packing list down to the suitcase + the backpack. Having to carry a 15" laptop, a tablet, and a couple of cell phones on top of everything else makes it complicated, though.
    Super Ego, Ristretto, Western Flyer, Brain Cell, Travel Tray, Lots of Packing Cubes, Organizer Pouches & Straps, Snake Charmer and much, much more...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0