Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Medium Cafe Bag

I have the Hemp wallet with my Storm cafe bag!!! It looks great together! You can see it in both links above.

I hadn't considered the hemp. Truthfully, I'm not sure what I think of it although it really does look nice with the storm. It's between cardinal, cork, and possibly hemp. Also, I'm wondering if the wallet really is worth almost twice the price of just a pouch. What do you think?

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    If you like organization in your wallet, it's nice to have the dividers. If your wallet is so minimalistic that you don't need to separate things and you can still rapidly find them, the pouch would work. I personally need dividers, actually more than the wallet afforded so I carried two plus a pouch for cash for almost a year and then I found a different solution I like better.

I use one of my wallets now for keeping my iPhone accessories separated from each other. The other holds my point and shoot Sony camera, memory stick adaptor and lens cloth separated from each other.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by yeb90 View Post
    I hadn't considered the hemp. Truthfully, I'm not sure what I think of it although it really does look nice with the storm. It's between cardinal, cork, and possibly hemp. Also, I'm wondering if the wallet really is worth almost twice the price of just a pouch. What do you think?
    I really like my wallets, especially the ones in Cork for the tactile feel. The dividers are also great for storing small items with just a little more padding: ear buds, memory sticks, small cables, etc. When I travel to other countries, I stick cards for new restaurants I like in the front pocket, and the currency (coins, notes) behind the other dividers. I can also identify the wallet and it's contents by tactile feel of the back (cork vs. ultrasuede vs. Dyneema vs. Cordura vs. Ballistic nylon) and color (back fabric and front dividers). Cardinal Ballistic Nylon is lovely, and if you care, the current color for the front divider seems to be asphalt grey (look at the cleaning cloths). I agree with the other comments that Hemp would be a good match to the Storm/Steel color scheme, and would probably go well with other fabrics because of its neutral tones. (I just placed my Storm clear 3D organizer cube against my Hemp Little Swift. Amazingly, I haven't gotten a wallet in Hemp, probably because I carry my Little Swift all the time and like having the wallet colors contrast with it.)

Try one of the wallets; I know I'm biased, but I think they're great, and I use them for more purposes than the plain mini organizer pouch.

moriond

P.S. I have a small linen pouch (not wallet - I don't think they ever made the wallet in linen), and I think Hemp goes better with the Storm/Steel combination, just as darbs and dorayme suggested. And for the record, I'm also more of a tote and backpack person like dorayme, but I like my Azalea Small Cafe Bag. (And I'm really glad I got a wallet in Azalea before they sold out!)
    Last edited by moriond; 08-12-2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Added postscript
    dorayme likes this.

On a recent vacation trip to the Baltic, I used the MCB as my excursion bag for all-day walking through several cities (Stockholm, Helsinki, Wismar, Tallin, St. Petersburg, Copenhagen). it worked beautifully; most days I carried two water bottles, wallet, iPhone, and umbrella, and maybe a few other small things. One very useful feature was being able to put my city map in the back pocket for ease of access and my passport int he front zipped pocket for safety.

I am about 5'2"; unfortunately the strap isn't well-sized for my height and the buckle ends up almost on top of my shoulder when I shorten the strap to put the bag at my hip. Luckily, someone here pointed out to me that the ultrasuede wrap can be persuaded to fit over the buckle. I do think it makes carrying the bag more comfortable when you have a fair bit of weight. You could also consider the LCB, because that can be ordered with the Absolute Shoulder Strap.

I need dividers because I sometimes carry the wallet alone, with a wrist strap, and don't like having my money showing!

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    @moriond, I too snagged an Azalea wallet before they were gone and I love it!
    I really, really like TB Bags!

I placed my order last night. Soon to be in my hands are a storm/steel MCB with ultrasuede shoulder strap wrap, three more large clear organizer pouches (I have one already and don't really know why, but it makes me so happy), a clear organizer wallet in cork, a mini padded organizer pouch, one small cordura organizer pouch, one medium cordura organizer pouch, and an iberian ultrasuede screen cloth. Thanks everyone for your help and input!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0