Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: How to pack a Smart Alec

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I'd recommend Western Flyer Packing Cubes for the Smart Alec -- either two Large or one Large and two Small. I just took photos of those combinations of Packing Cubes inside of the Smart Alec for you, but I won't be able to post them until Monday.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Name:  smartalecpacking3.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  330.8 KB
    One Western Flyer Packing Cube, Large, in the Smart Alec
    (you'd have room leftover for a Vertical Brain Cell plus some small items)

Name:  smartalecpacking2.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  244.6 KB
    Two Western Flyer Packing Cubes, Large
    (takes up most of the space inside of the Smart Alec. Room for a couple of small things.)

Name:  smartalecpacking1.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  278.7 KB
    One Western Flyer Packing Cube, Large and one Western Flyer Packing Cube, Small, Fabric/Mesh + one Western Flyer Packing Cube, Small, All Fabric stacked on top of each other.
    (takes up most of the space inside of the Smart Alec. Room for a couple of small things.)
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thanks for the information and the photos. This is very helpful.

Thanks again for all the help!
    I did order the Smart Alec. It is awesome, though given it's size I anticipate using it more for travel than for my every-day needs. It should be a great addition to my packing arsenal. I prefer two light bags to one heavy one when I am doing a lot of walking. For my trip to the Middle East next year I intend to take the Smart Alec and pair it with either a small roller-bag or the Western Flyer. The choice will depend on whether or not the airline I travel on allows two bags (carry-on + personal) or just one. If only one is allowed I'd choose the roller as my second bag, so I feel more comfortable if it needs to be checked.

I surveyed my packing cubes and I have an entire drawerful. Should be more than sufficient for packing both bags!
    Last edited by bchaplin; 08-19-2012 at 06:07 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0