Western Flyer Pic?

Hi all,

While I await my new MCB, I am thinking ahead to what's next.... I like the WF idea quite a bit, but the pictures up on the website aren't great for the color choices.

Any chance someone has the Steel/Iberian with inside showing? Or even better, the Forest/Steel with inside and outside showing?

Thanks so much!

I can't help, sorry. But what color MCB did you get? Oh, and the Forest is really pretty! I had Katy send me a swatch and I love it!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BMEPhDinCO View Post
    I like the WF idea quite a bit, but the pictures up on the website aren't great for the color choices.

Any chance someone has the Steel/Iberian with inside showing? Or even better, the Forest/Steel with inside and outside showing?
    You can get an idea of Steel/Iberian by looking at the blog post images of the new Ristretto in this color combination. This is quite a striking color combination. For views of Forest/Steel, take a look at some of the pictures on the Tri-Star product page for Forest/Steel. I think view d of the Aeronaut also shows a Forest/Steel Dyneema color combination.

darbs - I went with plum :-P I know it's totally girly but I like it! That's why I wish the WF had colors to match...

moriond - thanks for the tips! I'm assuming the WF isn't dyneema? (that means white lines right?)

BMEPhDinCO, I'm not moriond but, you are correct the exterior of the WF is ballistic and the interior(fabric with white lines) is dyneema. I've got a steel Tri Star with ultraviolet dyneema interior on my list. I have a black WF with steel dyneema interior and love it. Whatever you do get an absolute strap. It's magic.
    Take care,
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

It is strange--but there are just not that many pictures and videos of the Western Flyer. And it is one of my favorite TB bags. i have an older iteration of it: in steel and solar. I love that combo. Cos it is ballistic nylon, the colors have a sheen to them that the corduras do not, and makes it look really slick. I am afraid I just don't like the "steel dyneema" interior very much. They are quite dark and don't do what the solar, wasabi do. Even the UV while lovely is darker than you would think. The Iberian is lovely. The Forest is a great color.

Hi,
    There are some lovely photos of a Ristretto in the Steel / Iberian combo at this page:
    Tom Bihn Ristretto bag for iPad*review - Okay Geek

-n

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BMEPhDinCO View Post
    darbs - I went with plum :-P I know it's totally girly but I like it! That's why I wish the WF had colors to match...

moriond - thanks for the tips! I'm assuming the WF isn't dyneema? (that means white lines right?)
    OK. I found the blog post with pictures of the Western Flyer in Steel/Iberian. The earlier Ristretto images were the first time I can recall the Steel/http://www.tombihn.com/forums/customer-pictures-video/4151-steel-uv-wf-steel-cayenne-mcb-conference-style.html#post29414Iberian color combination showing up. I don't recall seeing separate photos of the WF in Forest/Steel, although I know Shiva had a WF in Forest/Ultraviolet at one time. Badger posted pictures of his Steel/Ultraviolet WF (with rolling luggage case pouch option) some time earlier.

As Moose stated, the outside of the bag is Ballistic nylon and the lining with the white grid pattern is Dyneema.
    Last edited by moriond; 07-24-2012 at 04:54 PM.

@moriond, thanks so much for digging those up!

All of this gives me stuff to think about - I'm not such a huge fan of the Dyneema fabric, especially in darker colors, but I have a little while before I order, perhaps they will brighten up at least (wasabi anyone?)...

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0