Biting the TB bullet - almost
Hi everyone, so I spent way too long reading through all your lovely posts and now I *really* want a cafe bag.
But I want to be smart about it, so I thought I'd ask a few questions here first...since it costs money to check it out for myself and I don't have as much of that as I want. :p
1. My biggest worry is the lack of zipper on the MCB and LCB (my two choices) - have you found that if the bag flips over, stuff comes out? Has anyone been robbed or had it attempted? I would want this to work as an EDC in place of my messenger bag when I don't have my laptop as well as a day bag for traveling.
2. Here's a list of what I'd (mainly) be packing, do y'all think this would all fit?
wallet - perhaps the clear organizer wallet? I'm looking to downsize a little bit.. also would like to fit bus pass tickets in here (like half size of an index card)
change purse (mini organizer perhaps?)
In small organizer from TB or elsewhere (or ziplock bag):
In small organizer (or just in the zip part of the bag if that works better):
camera - for travel only* (regular point and shoot, nothing special)
cell phone charger & battery(ies) - charger & second extra battery if traveling only* (smartphone)
ipod nano - only if traveling*
2-3 pens/1 pencil
1 small notebook (Moleskine maybe)
1 8x11 folder
water bottle (24 oz Nathan)
period kit (ya know, for girly stuff - it fits in a sandwich size ziplock folded in half right now, thinking about an organizer pouch)
hearing aid batteries
Hairbrush + ties
Reuseable shopping bag
3. I sometimes need to stuff my trench coat into my bag, especially if traveling, how possible would this be? I can squish it into a large hobo purse right now...
4. With 4 organizers clipped to o rings in main pocket and keys clipped in zippered pocket, would there still be room for all the others stuff? Keeping in mind some of it (camera, etc) won't always be there.
5. Could I also cram a lunch into there? Or a pair of flipflops?
I know, it's asking a lot of one bag - but I have lots of little things and when I don't have my laptop I don't want to carry the messenger bag around all the time. I'm a grad student if that matters, but I hope this bag lasts longer than my program!
PS. What about rain? will it withstand a "run to the car" type downpour?
Thanks so much for any help y'all can offer!! :)