Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Shiva
  • 1 Post By backpack

Thread: Hanging toiletry bags (preferably USA made)

Cool Hanging toiletry bags (preferably USA made)

I'm in desperate need of replacing an old hanging toiletry bag and I would love to find one that's made in the USA. I'm basically looking for something similar in layout/design of the LL Bean medium personal organizer but unfortunately they are imported, along with every other one I find! Would love to see one done by TB !! I travel mostly by car so I need something that will keep my things organized so when I reach my destination I can just pull it out and hang it in the bathroom. And thanks in advance for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by Macgirl View Post
    I'm in desperate need of replacing an old hanging toiletry bag and I would love to find one that's made in the USA. I'm basically looking for something similar in layout/design of the LL Bean medium personal organizer but unfortunately they are imported, along with every other one I find! Would love to see one done by TB !! I travel mostly by car so I need something that will keep my things organized so when I reach my destination I can just pull it out and hang it in the bathroom. And thanks in advance for any help!
    I own the red oxx trifold which is a hanging toiletry kit make in the usa. Really nice and made in lots of colors, however it's pricey. It will probably last forever however as it's very well made.

I too wish Bihn made a hanging toiletry kit, or even a standard simple dopp kit with a zipper down the middle.
    Last edited by dang; 07-16-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: fixed typos

Quote Originally Posted by dang View Post
    or even a standard simple dopp kit with a zipper down the middle.
    Isn't that what the Kit is? Or is it too small?
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStar View Post
    Isn't that what the Kit is? Or is it too small?
    The kit can be used as a small dopp kit but yes, it is a little small, at least for me.

Thanks for the suggestions! I've checked out the Red Oxx offering but felt that it didn't offer the amount of storage I needed, nor did I care for the layout of the organization. I do like the Timbuk2 Burrito also. It's Made in China but at least I feel like Timbuk2 is somewhat "responsible" and fair to it's China partners/workers. Hopefully.

have you looked at Eagle Creek hanging toiletry bags? I am not sure if they are made here or elsewhere. Personally, I don't believe that all things made abroad are crappy or made in sweatshops; anymore than all things made in USA are made well, or made in reasonable work conditions. There are very few Tom Bihns around: I support them for their quality, their commitment to craftsmanship, and unusually good working conditions. Timbuk2, and Patagonia also come to mind. I believe that if TB was to locate in India, they would follow the same ethical practices; and I would buy from them cos we know this about them!
    Did not mean to get on a soap box...but...
    The 3D organizer cube does have a hanging hook, but the old LLBean design is a favorite of mine too.

I found this made by Victorinox at REI that comes closest to the old LLBean one: Victorinox Hanging Toiletry Kit - Free Shipping at REI.com
    but not made here...

I would not discount the Red Oxx one for size limitations...it holds a lot of stuff. In fact, I tend to not use mine on shorter trips because it is too big. It is tough and well thought out, as is most of their stuff.
    --------------------------------

I have found the Clear Quarter Packing Cube to perform wonderfully as a toiletries kit. It has two see-thru sections and a hanging loop. If I need to seperate items further, i use clear organiser pouches. Made in the USA by Tom's peeps

This is a nice bag although it was given to me as a martini kit. Gin on one side, vermouth on the other, clapsable martini glasses and shaker with a jar of olives inside. Napkins and toothpicks in the lid. Just add ice. I have good friends :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    I found this made by Victorinox at REI that comes closest to the old LLBean one: Victorinox Hanging Toiletry Kit - Free Shipping at REI.com
    but not made here...

Quote Originally Posted by Eire View Post
    I have found the Clear Quarter Packing Cube to perform wonderfully as a toiletries kit. It has two see-thru sections and a hanging loop. If I need to seperate items further, i use clear organiser pouches. Made in the USA by Tom's peeps
    The Clear Quarter Packing Cube is the item many of us use as toiletries kit.

3D Clear Organizer Cube: TOM BIHN

Many owners of the 3D Clear Organizer Cube use it as their 3-1-1 bag, it hangs via the side O-rings with the help of a Key Strap or a Simple Strap

If you have a lot of things to organize, I suggest a Packing Cube Shoulder Bag: TOM BIHN

The Packing Cube Shoulder Bag can hold Four 3D Clear Organizer Cube a well as Organizer Pouches which you can order in different colors for coding/sorting.
    dorayme likes this.

Macgirl I've successfully used a Side Effect as a tioletry bag. I love that it can do double duty.
    Take care
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Target has decent options.

I use the 3D Clear Organizer on trips and in my daily gym bag. I love it. I used to have the old LL Bean kit you mention and I just laugh at myself for how wasteful I was in the past. It does take some adjustments so it's not for everyone. I do have to refill the containers fairly often but other than that I love how it easy it makes life on the road. I found a travel toothbrush, and when possible I use hotel soap. If I need other stuff like suntan lotion I buy it upon arrival. I might be a little crazy but I thank the TSA for making the 3-1-1 rule and forcing me to find a better way. I should say, if not for the hook on the 3D Clear Organizer I might change my tune.
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0