Best fit for the Sony Vaio Z series? (13" Wide x 8.27" D by 0.66" thick)?

Hey there folks...

I was looking for a Vertical Brain Cell or Horizonal Cache that would fit the above dimensions.
    I couldn't find anything exact, although the 6Z Cache (13" 9.1" 1.1") or the 6Z Vertical Brain Cell seem the closest.

Not sure how an internal dimension of *exactly* 13" would match a laptop exactly that size. Also, since it's 0.66" thick, 1.1" means it'll knock around a little. Perhaps a Cache inside of a Brain Cell?

Anyone have a suggestion for best fit for this l'il guy?

- Tim

Anyone? Any staff member, perhaps, know if any of the Brain Cells are even close to that thickness, so that the fit would be snug?

- Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tbessie View Post
    Hey there folks...

I was looking for a Vertical Brain Cell or Horizonal Cache that would fit the above dimensions.
    I couldn't find anything exact, although the 6Z Cache (13" 9.1" 1.1") or the 6Z Vertical Brain Cell seem the closest.

Not sure how an internal dimension of *exactly* 13" would match a laptop exactly that size. Also, since it's 0.66" thick, 1.1" means it'll knock around a little. Perhaps a Cache inside of a Brain Cell?

Anyone have a suggestion for best fit for this l'il guy?

- Tim

Hi Tim!

The Size 6X Horizontal Brain Cell will provide a better fit as it's considerably thinner than the 6Z. Are you trying to fit the Brain Cell or Cache into a specific bag?
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Hi Tim!

The Size 6X Horizontal Brain Cell will provide a better fit as it's considerably thinner than the 6Z. Are you trying to fit the Brain Cell or Cache into a specific bag?
    Thanks for the reply, Katy!

The 6X is 12.9 9.0 1.1 inches, it says; since this laptop is a full 13" wide, won't that be a little too wide for it?

I have a Brain Bag - does the 6X fit into that? I also was looking at the Cache, and didn't see one that was an ideal fit either. Whatever I get, I'm going to have around a half-inch of play on either side because one that can hold it's HxW dimensions is at smallest 1.1 inches thick.

Unfortunately, this laptop has an unusual size; it's pretty new, so there's not a lot that fits it right.

I'll take another look at the various sizes and see if something could work. But what do you think about a 13"w computer in a 12.9"w Brain Cell?

- Tim

I have a Sony Vaio VPC-Z1 and I carry it in a 6Z cache. there is a little room but it isn't swamped in there. It is also handy for fitting in with an extended battery.

Quote Originally Posted by thax View Post
    I have a Sony Vaio VPC-Z1 and I carry it in a 6Z cache. there is a little room but it isn't swamped in there. It is also handy for fitting in with an extended battery.
    Thanks for the input - I think the Z3 is yet-slimmer. In the end, I've decided to get a sleeve made by a company that makes custom-ish sleeves (they've got every dimension available, to the 1/2 inch); then I'll put THAT in a Brain Cell that fits the sleeve, which will be a bit snugger.

- Tim

Well, I forgot that I already owned a 6Z, and tried it out, and it fits decently. The 6X would also probably work and be a bit snugger, but I like the vertical orientation of the 6Z, and the laptop fits snug enough from side to side that it doesn't bounce around much that I can see.

So, all is well. :-)

Funny how much Tom Bihn gear I've bought, that I don't even remember what I own. :-)

I don't know if it is forbidden to mention other bag-makers here, but I'll do it and you can whack me on the nose if I shouldn't be (and I'll edit my posting to remove it); when I was looking for a sleeve for my laptop, and saw that none of the Tom Bihn sleeves fit well, I looked online for 'custom' sleeves, and found these folks here in San Francisco:

WaterField Design

They make a range of stuff, but one of them is a laptop sleeve that's available in every increment of 1/2 inch in both dimensions, so you're bound to find an exact fit with one if you can't find one with in the Tom Bihn line. I was already committed to trying to use the Brain Cell, since I have a Brain Bag and it's the most useful bag I own. :-)

- Tim

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0