Camera I/O... Super Ego or Ego?

Hi,

I am definitely getting the Camera I/O, but am now deciding between the Ego or the Super Ego.

The Camera I/O goes into the main compartment. However, I was wondering if there is enough room after I insert the Camera I/O to accommodate a 13 inch Macbook Air with Cache (not Brain Cell) into the main compartment as well. Has anybody tried doing something similar before?

If this can be done with the Ego, then I will get the Ego as I find the size more appealing.

If this can only be done with the Super Ego, then I will get the Super Ego, despite its size.

If this cannot be done with either, then I will get the Ego as I find the size more appealing.

Want to ask if anybody has tried something like this before, and to let me know before I make my purchase decision!

I'm bumping this to see if anyone has an answer. I'm currently debating the Ego vs. Super Ego. I currently use the Camera I-O and would want to occasionally add my 13 inch Macbook Pro to the bag. I have a Brain Cell, but am open to getting a Cache as needed.

Is there any extra room left over if you put an I-O in the Ego?
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

The camera I/O fits like a glove in the Ego's main compartment. I loaded the camera I/O with my panasonic GH2 with the 14-140 mm + lens hood on board, 25 mm lens + lens hood, 2 extra batteries, 1 ND filter in its case and my panasonic lx5. My personal stuff (wallet, eyeglasses + case, prescription sunglasses + case, keys, phone) went in the front pocket and a 21-oz hydroflask water bottle went into the side water bottle of the Ego.

It weighed a ton! Personally, I would not tote that weight on one shoulder for a day of adventure.

The camera I/O fits like a glove inside the Aeronaut PCB. Take that comment at your own risk. The weight of the camera I/O fully loaded with SLR gear similar to what Dan Bihn carries maybe too much to be carried in the Aeronaut PCB.

The camera I/O is too big for my use. My camera gear fits inside the Co-Pilot or the PCSB with a camera insert. That is another topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    The camera I/O fits like a glove in the Ego's main compartment. I loaded the camera I/O with my panasonic GH2 with the 14-140 mm + lens hood on board, 25 mm lens + lens hood, 2 extra batteries, 1 ND filter in its case and my panasonic lx5. My personal stuff (wallet, eyeglasses + case, prescription sunglasses + case, keys, phone) went in the front pocket and a 21-oz hydroflask water bottle went into the side water bottle of the Ego.

It weighed a ton! Personally, I would not tote that weight on one shoulder for a day of adventure.

The camera I/O fits like a glove inside the Aeronaut PCB. Take that comment at your own risk. The weight of the camera I/O fully loaded with SLR gear similar to what Dan Bihn carries maybe too much to be carried in the Aeronaut PCB.

The camera I/O is too big for my use. My camera gear fits inside the Co-Pilot or the PCSB with a camera insert. That is another topic.
    Thank you for this feedback! I'm think I need to take the Ego off my list, then. I am a little concerned about the weight and one shouldered carry. I carry a Canon 60D with several fairly lightweight lenses (10-22, 35mm, 85mm). When all loaded up in the I-O, it's not too heavy by itself. Of course, if I add my Macbook Pro, the weight will ramp up fast. That would only be for travel days, though. For a day of adventure, it would probably be the I-O and day outing essentials such as water and snacks.

Hmm. I feel a little stuck. I think I might give the Super Ego a try. Back to the research and consideration...
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0