• 2 Post By lonestar6
  • 2 Post By Shiva
  • 2 Post By Katy
  • 2 Post By dwright17
  • 1 Post By Scattered

Thread: Travel Tray vs Yarn Stuff Sack

Travel Tray vs Yarn Stuff Sack

Hi Folks:

in terms of function, how different is the Travel Tray from the small yarn stuff sack? i have two of the latter, and if I can use them as travel trays that would be ok with me. Can't tell if there is any substantive difference....thanks

I have both the travel tray and the small yarn stuff sack. I prefer the travel tray to the stuff sacks for holding my knitting for a variety of reasons. The travel tray holds more than a small yarn stuff sack. The travel tray has stiffeners around the bottom and at the midpoint, so it's designed so you can fold the top half down over the bottom half; with knitting supplies, this makes it more of a yarn bowl. With the top half folded over, it's easier to see the contents. Also, the travel tray diameter is larger than that of the stuff sack. I'm not sure you could use the stuff sack as a travel tray because it doesn't have the stiffeners. The photos in the TB Flickr stream may help clarify the differences between the two.

thanks Bunchgrass. That is helpful to know. had not fully registered that the travel tray is more structured, and can stand up on its own, and be more wide open and therefore have contents be visible.....

Before the travel tray debuted, I have been using my medium stuff sacks to serve the purpose. I fold the open top out to the bottom to form structure. It does not hold long, but for passing through security, good enough. I just pull it up and cinch when done. Of couse, I do the folding while waiting my turn at the conveyor.

I used same as stuff holder at hotels, etc.

I now have 3 travel trays that I use as catch-all trays at home. I draft one of them to go on travel with me as needed. The structure given by the stiffener ring is nice and I like the wider dimension.

I think the travel tray is a brilliant spin on an already useful design.

Agree with all that has been said. The Travel Tray is more like a tray when folded down... shallow and structured and wider. The Stuff Sack can be folded, but has no support to keep it in tray configuration, and the base is much smaller than the Travel Tray. When unfolded, the two are similar.

Below is Vanilla the hamster, who is first in a folded Travel Tray, and then seen peeking out of an unfolded Travel Tray that she is using as a temporary shelter.

Name:  Vanilla top down.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  27.1 KBName:  Vanilla top up.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  73.6 KB
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Gochicken,I am on my cell and don't have a 'LIKE' button so I will just tell you I like your photos, they made me smile.

Vanilla has very discriminating taste and looks adorable in a purple travel tray.

this is the cutest thing i have seen by far....and I am not even a fan of hamsters! thank you for sharing Vanilla...what a name!

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! CUTEST photo EVER!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Thanks so much for sharing this pic! What a sweet hamster! Lookin' good in the travel tray!
    Indigo/Solar Western Flyer, Aubergine/Steel Tri Star, Nordic/Steel Aeronaut, Indigo/Solar Synapse, Cocoa/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Aubergine/Hemp/Steel Imago, Wasabi Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Small Shop Bags, Solar Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Large Shop Bags, Indigo, Wasabi Dyneema, and Plum 3D Organizer Cubes, Wasabi Dyneema Travel Tray, Wasabi Dyneema Large Yarn Stuff Sack, Small, Mini and Pen/Pencil Pouches, an assortment of key straps

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    Hi Folks:

in terms of function, how different is the Travel Tray from the small yarn stuff sack? i have two of the latter, and if I can use them as travel trays that would be ok with me. Can't tell if there is any substantive difference....thanks
    Thanks for raising this question...I've had the some one myself, just never got around to typing it up!
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0