Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Katy

Thread: Plastic vs metal snap hooks

Plastic vs metal snap hooks

Hi everyone.

I am currently using Aeronaut with the Absolute Shoulder Strap, i.e. carrying its weight with the metal snap hooks. I also have a shoulder bag packing cube, but it looks a bit too 'brutal' when used with the metal hooks.

I was wondering what would happen if I replaced the metal hooks with plastic ones coming with the Simple Shoulder Strap (which I don't have now) and try to carry the Aeronaut like that as well. The weight of mine never exceeds 20 pounds / 9kg.

So the question is: Any idea how much weight the plastic hooks could be used to carry safely, i.e. without the risk of being broken? I guess there is reason why metal hooks come with the Absolute Shoulder Strap, but I also feel they are bit of an overkill for my needs and add unnecessary weight as well. The padding of the strap however I would like to keep, that's why I only think about replacing the hooks.

Thanks.

Miroslav

Hi!

The Plastic Snaphooks used on the Simple Strap and Standard Shoulder Strap will hold up to 120 pounds without the risk of breaking .
    Lani likes this.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Hi MJS!

I'm realizing that I totally glanced over the fact that both the Simple Strap and Standard Strap do not have removable hardware . Sorry about that! You're welcome to purchase a set for $2 . To do so please place an order for a Key Strap (or any $2 item) and place a note into the comments field during checkout letting us know that you would like a set of Plastic Snaphooks for your Absolute Strap and we will adjust your order
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    . . . place a note into the comments field during checkout letting us know that you would like a set of Plastic Snaphooks for your Absolute Strap and we will adjust your order
    I like this idea, Katy! How about offering the option to purchase (or add on) the absolute strap with either the steel or the plastic hooks. I, too, find the steel hooks on the absolute straps I purchased with other bags (imago, co-pilots) an overkill. The gift recipients made same comments. I bought simple straps for light load days, but tge AS is a blessing on heavy load days. And the steel hooks add more weight, so I would love plastic hooks!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0