Question How much can I fit in a 15/13 Cadet?

The only thing holding me back from purchasing a Cadet is the question of whether it will hold all I need it to. The Zephyr is bigger than I need, because the usual contents of my daily briefcase are:

• 12.5" HP Elitebook 2560p
    • Standard size laptop charger (not pictured)
    • A4 manila folder of documents
    • A5 diary
    • nook
    • 500 mL Nalgene bottle
    • Small lunch

Name:  P1000840-50.JPG
Views: 446
Size:  286.1 KB

I'm just not sure if the main compartment is wide enough from front to back to carry all that. It would really help me if some Cadet owners could give me their opinions, and describe or show me what they carry in their Cadets.

Thanks very much

mjo
    I have a dell 6220 , an ipad, a stack of a4 papers + adapter that fit a cadet 13 inch comfortably for a couple of months now. It can also hold a sandwhich on top. There is no need for a cache for me. Although i can fit the dell in the 13 inch macbook pro cache into the 13 inch cadet, it is not very comfortable as you really need to squeeze it in. Without the cache is perfect. Padding in cadet takes care of protection for me. The 13 inch cadet fits exactly in middle compartment of aeronaut. Cadet 13 does not fit comfortably in tristar, because it is a bit thick wth the above stuff in it. Carrying cadet with absolute strap on top of aeronaut as a backpack is a great combination in airports. When in public transport, or on a bike you just pack cadet in aeronaut. Ps macbook pro 13 inch fits in a similar fashion.

Volunteer Moderator
    You can take a look at the picture of the main compartment of the 13/15 Cadet in my post in the Looking for advice on a business bag... thread. The photo shows an empty file box sized for A4 paper, which could also have fit in the front pocket of the Cadet. Your HP Elitebook is smaller than the MacBook Pro shown in the picture 12.02 x 8.23 x 1.08 in (30.52 x 20.9 x 2.74 cm) vs 12.8 x 8.1 x 0.9 in for the 13" MacBook Pro. There's also the extra thickness of the cache. I think it depends how large a lunch you mean to carry as to whether you can fit everything in the main compartment of the Cadet. For example, I might put the charger into the front zippered pocket, instead. The Nook is also a lot smaller than the iPad in a Cache.

HTH. moriond