Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By daisy
  • 1 Post By WhiteStar

Thread: Another question....this time about o-rings

Another question....this time about o-rings

How many organizer pouches can be attached to the o-rings via the keystraps?

hhmmm lessee....

I just attached 4 clips to an o-ring (front pocket, Ego) - 4 will fit but 3 is probably a comfortable fit.

I tend to only have two at most per ring... although sometimes one of those is a keystrap with a split ring at the end and multiple pouches attached to that.
    List under construction ....

Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    ... although sometimes one of those is a keystrap with a split ring at the end and multiple pouches attached to that.
    I need to remember that trick. I hate clipping an OP clip to a key strap clip; it just feels clunky to me and isn't very free moving. The split ring might alleviate that feeling. I wish the OP were available with a ring option instead of just the clip.
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

Well.... if you do what I did, which is take an empty large key ring and attach that to the key strap you can put about six or seven on it.
    snowbot likes this.
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStar View Post
    Well.... if you do what I did, which is take an empty large key ring and attach that to the key strap you can put about six or seven on it.
    I do this, too. My reason is not so much to attach more key straps as to gain an inch or so length so I can attach an organizer pouch directly to the bag without needing a keystrap and be able to access the pouch easily withou unhooking it.

I always remove the clip from my OPs - I don't attach them to keystraps and the clip is far too bulky. If I ever decide I need to attach them to a keystrap I just thread a standard split ring through the loop of fabric where the original clip was attached. Much less bulk and works much better.

Audrey

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0