Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kellie16

Thread: Imago colourways?

Imago colourways?

Just wondering if there are any plans to introduce a bit more variety to the Imago colourways? I think this is a bag I really need but none of the existing colour combos float my boat! I would love Black or Steel with a Wasabi/Turquoise/Cayenne/Azalea interior (or any of the dyneemas) - any of those would be fine!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kellie16 View Post
    Just wondering if there are any plans to introduce a bit more variety to the Imago colourways? I think this is a bag I really need but none of the existing colour combos float my boat! I would love Black or Steel with a Wasabi/Turquoise/Cayenne/Azalea interior (or any of the dyneemas) - any of those would be fine!
    They have had Steel/Steel/Cayenne Imagos in the past. (I've linked to a post with a picture of an Imago that ex machina used to have.). The current interior colors are basically the ones you see listed for the Cafe bags — so Wasabi, Cayenne, and Steel are all likely colors to be used. There are also some colors like Sapphire and Olive, but they're not as frequently used, and I think are present in smaller quantities. So far, they have not used the Dyneema fabrics for the inside of the Imago, though this has been suggested, and we've recently seen this happen with the redesigned Ristrettos.

I was surprised to learn that they had been thinking of retiring cayenne, but decided not to do so because of user response:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We had decided to retire Cayenne and introduce a new color, but when we announced that decision, you guys campaigned so much for Cayenne to stay that we decided to keep it.
    At this point, we're all waiting for the new color offering in Dyneema (solar's replacement) to appear. The color offerings for all the bags tend to get adjusted around the available fabrics/colors. Wasabi is a great color as far as coordinating with other outer bag colors, and has been around, along with steel, for as long as I've been on these forums. Since a lot of these colors/fabrics are custom made for large lot orders, the combinations have to be carefully planned, and are rotated to provide variety. This does mean that if you spot a color combination that you absolutely love, you should try to grab it while it's available — or if you think your timing for a purchase is going to run tight, call up their customer service number or send an email to check on the available stock.

The Imago is a great bag, and I especially like the combinations with cork!

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 05-27-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kellie16 View Post

Hi Kellie!

There are currently no plans to add or change the color combinations for the Imago.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0