Thread: Projector Case?

Projector Case?

A local volunteer recreational trails organization I'm involved in just bought a refurbished digital projector, an Epson EX7200. We found it on Epson's web-site at a great price. It supposedly comes with a soft case, as well as cables, remote, all that jazz.

A concern was raised about whether or not the soft case will be any good. What are our options if the case turns out to be one those low-quality deals made in someplace the manufacturer would rather not talk about? Does anyone in the US or Canada or Europe make quality cases for portable projectors? More to the point, has anyone tried fitting a Tom Bihn or Red Oxx bag for this purpose?

According to Epson's literature, the projector is 3 inches high, by 11.6 in. wide, by 9 in. deep, weighing in at 5.1 pounds.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

We have a Panasonic projector (bigger and older than the one you mention) and we got it a Pelican hard case. The lamps are expensive to replace so it is important to protect them from damage. I just looked up the current cost of the case and fell off my chair.

Your proj is quite small - can you buy the cut foam and fit inside a spare TBbag? (we've all got them lurking in every cupboard, right?;-)

(assuming the supplied bag is inadequate)
    List under construction ....

Wouldn't the Camera I/O be perfect for this ?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    A concern was raised about whether or not the soft case will be any good. What are our options if the case turns out to be one those low-quality deals made in someplace the manufacturer would rather not talk about? Does anyone in the US or Canada or Europe make quality cases for portable projectors? More to the point, has anyone tried fitting a Tom Bihn or Red Oxx bag for this purpose?

According to Epson's literature, the projector is 3 inches high, by 11.6 in. wide, by 9 in. deep, weighing in at 5.1 pounds.
    Apart from the suggestion of Pelican cases, which can be made with customized foam inserts, it strikes me that you could use the Camera I-O case for this purpose. From the product page dimensions: 14" x 11.75" x 3.75" / 355 x 300 x 95mm. The Velcro edges of the dividers would let you partition off the interior so you'd have nearly 5" x 11.75" x 3.75" for extra lamps, power cords, and other paraphernalia. Technically, you could also carry this in a Co-Pilot, but there's no foam padding. Of course, this is an expensive solution, but if you have been wanting the Camera I-O, anyway, this might be all the justification you need. Also, the fit is even better in the short dimension (3") since those are exterior dimensions. You can rotate the projector either way and fit it
    in. Check leviathan's labeled photos in the main Camera I-O thread to see the dimensions.

^ Which I/O thread is that?
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    ^ Which I/O thread is that?
    Here's the link to leviathan's post in the thread in question. It's just difficult to do multiple copy/paste, link highlighting, etc. using the touch screen of an iPad and virtual keyboard without the increased likelihood of losing a post while switching between several windows. I assumed you would just search on leviathan's name and look at the latest posts he made on this subject. The above link will put you in the thread in question. HTH.

moriond

Just out of curiosity: where do I inquire about Pelican hard cases?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0