Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By WhiteStar

Thread: 2 weeks in Taos?

2 weeks in Taos?

If all goes well, I'll be attending a writer's workshop in the second half of June. Sadly, my electric purple bag (Europe several times, many thousands of miles back and forth in the US, lost many times and always found, no sane soul would steal it) has blown a zipper that's past repair. In short, I need a new bag.

While I will be packing for the smallest possible amount of STUFF, I will be packing the following:

In my main bag:
    Probably four or five of Jeans and long (maxi) broomstick skirts
    at least two pairs of yoga pants
    tops (trending toward tee shirts)
    running shoes
    sandals of some sort
    a dopp kit that isn't 3-1-1 friendly (long hair means lots of conditioner in two weeks)
    underclothes and socks
    jammies
    possibly makeup (warpaint)

In my carryon:
    kinesis freestyle keyboard
    10" netbook
    letter sized Circa binder with 1.5" rings, full of paper
    several books
    Nook w/ glow light
    possibly a portable printer that I don't own yet

Sadly, I don't think my LCB or my Ristretto are up to the totality of the carryon gear. Recommendations for bags, anyone?
    Ego in Cardinal/Steel, Ristretto in Plum/Wasabi, Side Effect in Plum/Wasabi, Imago in Navy/Cork/Wasabi, Cafe Bags in Azalea, Turquoise, and Linen, TB Wallet, misc. pouches, and son's Brain Bag in Steel

And looking at my own list, I will probably move the keyboard and printer to my main bag.
    Ego in Cardinal/Steel, Ristretto in Plum/Wasabi, Side Effect in Plum/Wasabi, Imago in Navy/Cork/Wasabi, Cafe Bags in Azalea, Turquoise, and Linen, TB Wallet, misc. pouches, and son's Brain Bag in Steel

I am so in love with my Cork Swift as a carry everything bag. I live my LCBs (Azalea and Turquise) and my Co-Pilot (Iberian) (which I alternate depending on what I'm wearing so they can somewhat color coordinate) when I dont have time to be organized and nee dto carry a "bunch o' junk" I grab the Swift every time.

And now a gratuitous picture of Taos (CH WhiteStar's Land of Enchantment HIC) in Taos...
    Name:  IMAG0019.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  890.0 KB
    ncb4, Sera and kmcg like this.
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

Writer's conference in Taos - that sounds SO fun. And within driving distance for me...hmm...

I really like WhiteStar's idea for a Swift because it doubles as a cute bag during the day and looks nice when you meet with Wendy Weil. But considering you are taking your manuscript in the Circa binder, and possibly keyboard/printer ...would you want a Synapse to save your back? My bias-- I prefer messenger bags to backpacks for conferences - easier to get to stuff. Your Imago would be great too, if it were big enough.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0