Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By backpack
  • 1 Post By darbs

Thread: :( Say it ain't so! No more Crimson SCB???

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    328

    :( Say it ain't so! No more Crimson SCB???

    So I'm about to place a small order (strap, 3D cube) and I thought I might want to add a Small Cafe Bag to my list. I've been wanting a crimson one because I love all things red and I've planned multiple uses for it at football games in the fall. I hopped online just now to check it out and get the 800 number only to see it is no longer an option. I'm heartbroken! Is crimson going away completely? Wasn't there another recent thread about the demise of Crimson in some other bag? The lack of red bags is seriously putting a crimp in my ordering (although my wallet and BF might not mind). I even called and there aren't any floating around the store. Sad.
    Last edited by darbs; 04-24-2012 at 01:44 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User WhiteStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The High Plains of Colorado
    Posts
    156
    You never know what might happen. There were no more UV Synapses when I tried to order mine. Three weeks later, after ordering and returning a Black/UV, my new UV synapse was with me. Katy had "found" one "somewhere".
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

  3. #3
    JLE
    JLE is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    324
    The LCB is showing as available in crimson, or do you already have one of those?! Personally I quite like the size of the LCB. You could put your sweater or jacket in it at the football!

    What about Azalea? Not sure if you have anything in Azalea, but it is a lovely strong colour and could possibly be a substitute for crimson?

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    28
    [QUOTE]Is crimson going away completely? /QUOTE]
    I hope not! While I don't have anything (yet) in the crimson exterior, I love red and am completely addicted to Iberian dyneema. Every order I place, I add at least one accessory to my order just because I can have it in Iberian.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    328
    I have both the medium and large cafe bags. I wasn't planning on getting the small yet, but definietly wanted the crimson. Azalea is a gorgeous color, just not for me. I wish they made cafe bags in dyneema! That would be awesome. I am a red girl for sure though.

  6. #6
    Registered User nukediver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Metuchen, NJ
    Posts
    428
    I feel your pain. I was thinking of ordering a small cafe bag in Crimson as well, but was saddened to discover it's no longer an option :-(

  7. #7
    JLE
    JLE is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by darbs View Post
    I have both the medium and large cafe bags. I wasn't planning on getting the small yet, but definietly wanted the crimson. Azalea is a gorgeous color, just not for me. I wish they made cafe bags in dyneema! That would be awesome. I am a red girl for sure though.
    Is the large one crimson? Silly question?

    I must say, I love Azalea but I would hesitate to carry a bag that colour. It is a serious pink! It is lovely in the 3D clear organizer cube. Just the right amount of colour.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washington State (not the rainy part)
    Posts
    18
    I have an Azalea MCB that I take to work every day as my book/lunch/doo-dad bag. I love that it's bright. Also, I have a co-worker who HATES pink, and she likes the azalea bag. It's not red, but it is a great color.

  9. #9
    Registered User ncb4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    712
    oh darbs, I'm so sorry you missed out on the Crimson SCB. But sometimes bags are returned, and sometimes you see things on eBay, and sometimes you can put up a "Does anyone want to trade or sell?" message here on the forum for discontinued colors. That's how I found my Indigo Co-Pilot a year after they were no more.

    I have a Crimson MCB and though I don't consider myself a "red" person, I really like the color of this bag. I liked it so much that I then ordered a Cardinal Co-Pilot. The two colors are different, but both are gorgeous reds. I also have an Azalea LS that I am carrying every day. It's not a girly pastel pink; it's a stronger, richer, vibrant color—and it exactly matches the shade of one of the azaleas in my yard. Imagine that! I'm not good with color definitions, but I'd say Azalea is somewhere between magenta and fuchsia.

    I don't think you could get your red fix from Azalea, however. But you may want to get a Crimson MCB if they're still in stock, just to have the color in your TB family. You could always get a different color SCB down the road. Just sayin'!

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    oh darbs, I'm so sorry you missed out on the Crimson SCB. But sometimes bags are returned, and sometimes you see things on eBay, and sometimes you can put up a "Does anyone want to trade or sell?" message here on the forum for discontinued colors. That's how I found my Indigo Co-Pilot a year after they were no more.

    I have a Crimson MCB and though I don't consider myself a "red" person, I really like the color of this bag. I liked it so much that I then ordered a Cardinal Co-Pilot. The two colors are different, but both are gorgeous reds. I also have an Azalea LS that I am carrying every day. It's not a girly pastel pink; it's a stronger, richer, vibrant color—and it exactly matches the shade of one of the azaleas in my yard. Imagine that! I'm not good with color definitions, but I'd say Azalea is somewhere between magenta and fuchsia.

    I don't think you could get your red fix from Azalea, however. But you may want to get a Crimson MCB if they're still in stock, just to have the color in your TB family. You could always get a different color SCB down the road. Just sayin'!
    I will definitely still be getting a SCB at some point, just in a different color now. Of course, the hard part is deciding what color! LOL! I'll keep my eye out on eBay for a Crimson one just in case and here as well. You are right, one might pop up anytime.

    Quote Originally Posted by JLE View Post
    Is the large one crimson? Silly question?

    I must say, I love Azalea but I would hesitate to carry a bag that colour. It is a serious pink! It is lovely in the 3D clear organizer cube. Just the right amount of colour.
    No, my large one is Steel/blue. I got it on eBay and the inside color is discontinued. I was actually thinking I'd get the 3D cube in Azalea too! I just don't really care for pink in large bags like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdfeeder View Post
    I have an Azalea MCB that I take to work every day as my book/lunch/doo-dad bag. I love that it's bright. Also, I have a co-worker who HATES pink, and she likes the azalea bag. It's not red, but it is a great color.
    It isn't that I don't like the Azalea, just don't think I would use a bag that color as much as the red one.

    Now I'm eyeballing what other bags in some shade of red (crimson, cardinal) to see if they might fit my need(want). I just love a red bag....well anything red. I wish the Side Effect came in crimson or cardinal. I would scoop one up immediately. *sigh*

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,844
    What about the Co-Pilot in Iberian/Steel? It is in Dyneema.

    I am a big Cafe Bag fan, so I understand how you feel.

    I tried the Co-Pilot at the store and it is very compact and stylish, just a little bit bigger than the Small Cafe Bag and really cute.

    Later on, if you like the Co-Pilot, you can even order it in Cardinal/Steel. I am a pink and blue kind of girl, but let me tell you that Cardinal is just a fiery, passionate red which was very hard to resist.
    It is all I could do not to put one in my next order, just sayin.

    PS: I don't have anything in red and I am sure the Cardinal/Steel Co-Pilot would have been accompanied with a slew of Cardinal accessories and started a fiery red tops, scarves and lip liners shopping spree, which would have been noticed by the husband unit.

    I am very thrifty, so when I buy something, he notices.
    Last edited by backpack; 04-25-2012 at 10:47 AM.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    PS: I don't have anything in red and I am sure the Cardinal/Steel Co-Pilot would have been accompanied with a slew of Cardinal accessories and started a fiery red tops, scarves and lip liners shopping spree, which would have been noticed by the husband unit.

    I am very thrifty, so when I buy something, he notices.
    Haha! Me too! When I ordered the Storm MCB, he definitely noticed! I think it is the only blue bag that I have. When we travel, all of his pieces are navy and mine are red. I figured I could just slip the Crimson SCB in and he would never notice.

    I wonder if somebody has the SCB, MCB, and Co-Pilot that they could take a picture of all 3 side-by-side for size comparison. Hmm....decisions decisions!

  13. #13
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    2,699
    Quote Originally Posted by darbs View Post
    Now I'm eyeballing what other bags in some shade of red (crimson, cardinal) to see if they might fit my need(want). I just love a red bag....well anything red. I wish the Side Effect came in crimson or cardinal. I would scoop one up immediately. *sigh*
    I know you're a cafe bag person, but there's the Little Swift in all Cardinal ballistic nylon. There's also the Ristretto for iPad in Cardinal/Steel.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I know you're a cafe bag person, but there's the Little Swift in all Cardinal ballistic nylon. There's also the Ristretto for iPad in Cardinal/Steel.
    Shhh....don't tell anyone, but I don't own anything made by Apple. Can't justify spending that much on the Ristretto. The Swift bags look nice, but I just wouldn't use it. I'm not really a fan of open tote bags. I have one of the Red Oxx Market Bags that I use when I need a big open bag like that, but it isn't often and I couldn't justify the cost of the Swift. Thanks though! I'm really leaning towards grabbing a Smart Alec and Co-Pilot in Cardinal. I'm kind of waiting for my birthday in June and hoping I can convince loved ones to gift them to me....or just treat myself!

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,844
    Quote Originally Posted by darbs View Post
    Shhh....don't tell anyone, but I don't own anything made by Apple. Can't justify spending that much on the Ristretto. The Swift bags look nice, but I just wouldn't use it. I'm not really a fan of open tote bags. I have one of the Red Oxx Market Bags that I use when I need a big open bag like that, but it isn't often and I couldn't justify the cost of the Swift. Thanks though! I'm really leaning towards grabbing a Smart Alec and Co-Pilot in Cardinal. I'm kind of waiting for my birthday in June and hoping I can convince loved ones to gift them to me....or just treat myself!
    That's the spirit! Tom Bihn has a great Wish List setup. And don't be shy about mentioning the items and your birthday as much as possible.

    It can be done tastefully by bringing up philosophical topics about age, where, when, why and how come, then use Cardinal goodies as solution to the problem.

Tags for this Thread


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0