Travel laptop bag for 13" MacBook Air — do things fall out of the Ristretto?
Short question: Do things fall out of the Ristretto for 13" MacBook Air when going through airports? The open main pocket is scary to me.
Longish background: My every day carry bag is leather bag (from another company) that I love. It helps me look like a professor, which is good, because that's my job. The leather bag is huge. I could fit roughly a dozen kittens inside it (two dozen, if I stacked the kittens). The leather itself is utterly indestructible. And when empty that frickin' bag weighs roughly the same as my Subaru, making the bag absolutely suck for travel.
I live in Alaska and travel to the lower-48 a few times a year. Having a good travel laptop bag is something of a necessity. Here's a list of needs and wants:
- Cram it under seat in front of me or overhead bin;
- Invert the bag without junk falling out because I'm clumsy and lazy;
- Carry a 13" MacBook Air, iPad (3rd Gen), related cables, chargers, and a book or two;
- Big enough to carry my stuff but not so big that my stuff swims around in there;
- Double as a light EDC for when I just need my iPad and not much else;
- Cool-lookin' bag that my dad would not carry because he's not cool. He's square.
I'd love to give Tom Bihn money in exchange for a bag. I just don't know which one best suits my needs.