Conversion kit to make the Empire Builder a backpack?

It seems like there ought to be a way to add a a set of straps that would convert the trusty Empire Builder shoulder bag into a backpack, has Tom Bihn given any thought to this? If such an accessory could be made, I'd buy one for my Empire Builder bag

Anyone else interested in this idea?

Quote Originally Posted by nullsign View Post
    It seems like there ought to be a way to add a a set of straps that would convert the trusty Empire Builder shoulder bag into a backpack, has Tom Bihn given any thought to this? If such an accessory could be made, I'd buy one for my Empire Builder bag

Anyone else interested in this idea?

In addition to Tom Bihn bags, I also have a Saddleback Leather briefcase. They have a fairly innovative way to convert a briefcase into a serviceable backpack for short hauls. If you go to Saddleback Leather Co., check out their briefcase (and maybe some videos on YouTube) and see if it helps you in your quest. Let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by nullsign View Post
    It seems like there ought to be a way to add a a set of straps that would convert the trusty Empire Builder shoulder bag into a backpack . . . -0
    Interesting. I am not sure about the Empire Builder, but I think a version of the Super Ego with hideaway backstraps (like the travel bags) would be great. The Super Ego's dimensions would make a great knapsack - at least, I think so!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0