Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Ordering a Synapse - any accessories?

Ordering a Synapse - any accessories?

Many many thanks to Mr. jmachats for meeting up with me yesterday so I could check out the Synapse and Smart Alec. I was thrilled to find out that the Synapse will fit what I generally need, so I'm placing an order today. The pack is already pretty small and well-organized, but are there any accessories anyone would recommend for it?

Thanks.

Organizer pouches in small and mini sizes. They're incredibly useful.

The Small Clear Organizer Pouch is my favorite accessory .
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    A Side Effect or 3-d cube fit nicely in the bottom of the Synapse unless you plan on putting something in there that is not contained like shoes.
    A Guardian Light is nice for seeing into the main compartment, and for safety tethered outside of the bag.
    The Life Factory bottles fit nicely into the water bottle compartment.
    A Clear Organizer Wallets clip nicely into the front side organizer pockets.
    And now that I have a FJN I frequently carry it in my Synapse.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

At some point, your Synapse might want an Aeronaut companion. ;-)
    Maverick posted a nifty video for Synapse showing how a Lunch Bot fit in that bottom pocket.
    Katy and gochicken like this.

Hah, an Aeronaut sounds like a nice accessory for the Synapse. Thanks, all, but I ended up just adding on the Matterhorn water bottle for now. I tried to picture myself needing any of these items, but nothing really came to mind in real world use. Maybe after using it for a while.

JLE
    Quote Originally Posted by ken.w View Post
    Hah, an Aeronaut sounds like a nice accessory for the Synapse. Thanks, all, but I ended up just adding on the Matterhorn water bottle for now. I tried to picture myself needing any of these items, but nothing really came to mind in real world use. Maybe after using it for a while.
    I think that's a good plan. The Synapse has really great built in organisation, which may well be all you need. There will another opportunity to buy accessories when you get that Aeronaut, after all...

hI ken.w,
    I would absolutley suggest a Kit. Its great for catching odds and ends. Have you started the list for your next order yet? Also you may soon be feeling a little anxious and find yourself wanting to chase brown trucks. Don't worry its a temporary symptom of TBAS. Pictures please when the bag arrives.
    Take care and congratulations,
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

It was great meeting you too Ken and I'm glad I could help with your decision! And here is the thread with the forum member that packed for a month long trip to china with his synapse:

synapse

I recommend some small pouches and extra key straps, so when you pull out a pouch, you don't lose it.

Don't buy a pouch! Once you get one, it will become an addiction! Next thing you know, every order has at least 3 pouches in it. You will start finding more and more things that need their own pouch. Speaking off, I'm thinking I need a padded pouch for my bluetooth ear piece. And some minis for travel jewelry. And another solar one to make a mini first aid kit for work.

Quote Originally Posted by jmachats View Post
    It was great meeting you too Ken and I'm glad I could help with your decision! And here is the thread with the forum member that packed for a month long trip to china with his synapse:

synapse
    Wow, that's pretty amazing. I couldn't pack that light. Partially because often when I travel I have to take my scuba gear along.

Congrats! So what color combo did you choose?
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Quote Originally Posted by TXGirl View Post
    Congrats! So what color combo did you choose?
    Thanks! Black/Iberian. I wanted the Black/Steel, but it's out until late May. I'm sure I'll end up liking the red interior.

Quote Originally Posted by darbs View Post
    Don't buy a pouch! Once you get one, it will become an addiction! Next thing you know, every order has at least 3 pouches in it. You will start finding more and more things that need their own pouch. Speaking off, I'm thinking I need a padded pouch for my bluetooth ear piece. And some minis for travel jewelry. And another solar one to make a mini first aid kit for work.
    This is so true. I must have nearly two dozen pouches: and another order is coming on the UPS truck today!

But congratulations on your Synapse; I think you'll end up liking the Iberian interior a lot. And I would second dorayme's suggestion about the Side Effect: for that future order, that is. It fits into the bottom compartment perfectly, and you can take it out to carry if there are any times that don't need the entire bag. (Say you were using the Synapse as your only bag for a short trip, and you didn't want to lug your clothes around with you all day; you could pull out the Side Effect, and leave the Synapse in the hotel.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0