Need a bag recommendation for a client

I've got a client who is a pilot for a major airline. Flies the regularly from Texas to NJ to India and back. Somehow we got talking about bags and I told him about this place and he's intrigued. He looked at the Brain Bag but thought it might be too big and for his needs, it probably is more than he needs. I asked him what he would want to carry in it. Basically, a 13" laptop, some files, reading material, power cords/cables, phone, water bottle, snacks, that kind of stuff. He would really like it to have a sleeve that fits over a roller bag handle, and it has to be all black, can't be black and steel, for example (airline restriction).

Any suggestions? I was thinking the Cadet or the Zephyr might be perfect for him.
    Last edited by conejo23; 04-06-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by conejo23 View Post
    I've got a client who is a pilot for a major airline. Flies the regularly from Texas to NJ to India and back. Somehow we got talking about bags and I told him about this place and he's intrigued. He looked at the Brain Bag but thought it might be too big and for his needs, it probably is more than he needs. I asked him what he would want to carry in it. Basically, a 13" laptop, some files, reading material, power cords/cables, phone, water bottle, snacks, that kind of stuff. He would really like it to have a sleeve that fits over a roller bag handle, and it has to be all black, can't be black and steel, for example (airline restriction).

Any suggestions? I was thinking the Cadet or the Zephyr might be perfect for him.
    Western Flyer with the rolling luggage handle pouch option. I'd get this in black ballistic nylon with the Iberian Dyneema interior, but he could opt for steel Dyneema lining instead. If he wants to use Brain Cell for extra protection for his laptop, the bag will also accommodate that.

There aren't many good pictures of the luggage handle pouch back. Here's a photo that Badger took:

The back pocket can be used for holding extra papers/magazines, as well as fitting over a roller bag handle. The front of the bag has a water bottle pocket. Take a look at some of maverick's pictures in his traveling with the Western Flyer thread for pictures of the bag in familiar airport settings to gauge size. There are also several good pictures in the recent blog post. And the product page (first link) has some good views with included laptops in the Brain Cell.

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 04-06-2012 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Added links to pictures.

JLE
    I second the WF recommendation. It is a flexible bag that still looks professional, especially in black (I think it looks more professional than the TriStar because of its more minimal profile). It could hold all you have listed plus a change of clothes. If your client is interested in the bag I'd be happy to take some more close up photos of the rolling luggage sleeve. That is the part that is hardest to see on the site at present.

Thanks for the recommendations, folks. JLE, that would be great, thank you.

Volunteer Moderator
    For some more views of the luggage handle pouch back check the article reporting on this updated Western Flyer option on Practical Hacks (I was composing yesterday's post, doing the searches, copying and pasting links, and embedding images on an iPad touch screen, so I only inserted links to what was easy to find.)

Thanks for that link, shows that capability perfectly.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0