Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jmachats

Thread: Synapse fit questions

Synapse fit questions

Hi there. I live in NYC and love the idea of the size and setup of the Synapse. In general I think it would be perfect, but I'm a runner and one thing I'd be using it for is carrying my running clothes and shoes (more in the winter) for running after work. After changing, I'd have my work clothes and shoes or smallish boots (no bigger than 8-hole Doc Martens). Would the Synapse be able to accommodate the clothes and boots? That's the biggest load I see putting on it.

Thanks!

-Ken

JLE
    I use my Synapse for gym workouts but I shower at home so I don't need to carry a change of clothes.

I think you could fit shoes and a set of workout gear in the main compartment but probably not much else in that section. I think it could be hard to get work clothes in (depends what you wear for work though) and they would almost certainly get wrinkled if you did. Not sure how winter weight gear would go either. Is the plan to change, load up the bag with work clothes and then basically run home wearing it?

If you can swing it though, the organization of the Synapse is absolutely fantastic for exercise and I think it looks cool worn with workout clothes - much better than a gym duffel but just IMO. I keep my bands and little prickly balls (what do you call those?!), along with sunglasses, a light shell jacket, small pouch of personal items and a workout towel etc in the main compartment. A small first aid kit, little bottle of hand sanitizer, deodorant and tissues live in the internal pocket in the main compartment. My nano on a wrist strap and ear buds go in one of the external side pockets and wallet and iPhone go in the other external side pocket. I don't usually carry a water bottle but the dedicated compartment would be ideal if I did. With this much in it it is not fully packed, and it is a very comfortable carry.

Thanks for the reply. I wouldn't be running with it. I have an Inov-8 backpack for that. It would just be to stash my stuff while I'm out running and then to carry home.

Hey Ken I live right outside the city and am always in. I have a synapse and would be happy to show it to you for u to get a sense of fit. I would ask though we figure out a way to protect inside of bag from shoes - I know how soles look after walking around NYC all too well! Let me know.
    Darcy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmachats View Post
    Hey Ken I live right outside the city and am always in. I have a synapse and would be happy to show it to you for u to get a sense of fit. I would ask though we figure out a way to protect inside of bag from shoes - I know how soles look after walking around NYC all too well! Let me know.
    Thanks! Private message sent.

dropped u a mssge - not sure if u got it but not the most flexible with the settings on this board! PM me ur email and we can go from there

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0