Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Help me decide - Cafe bag or Imago?

I would say get the color you love, this is the most important, in my opinion.

If you are not sold on the color of the Imago, you can always return it and get a new color in exchange, for either Black/Black/Steel or Forest/Cork/Steel.

Forest is a really beautiful, deep jewel green, Cork is very soft to the touch and has a unique pattern of deep chocolate and latte colors which deepen even further with age and you know about Steel.

Get both if you can manage it, you won't regret it.

I am personally biased toward the magnificent, for travel in any mode of transportation possible, Large Cafe Bag. I own 4 in different colors.

Unfortunately, I missed out on an all blue Imago which sold out very fast. At the time, and even now, I wasn't sure if a fairly large landscape shaped bag would be good for me.
    I also knew that if I ordered that blue Imago it would never come back to Seattle even if I found out, it was unsuitable as a carry bag, I would have dreamed up a use for it.

JLE
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I would say get the color you love, this is the most important, in my opinion.

If you are not sold on the color of the Imago, you can always return it and get a new color in exchange, for either Black/Black/Steel or Forest/Cork/Steel.

Forest is a really beautiful, deep jewel green, Cork is very soft to the touch and has a unique pattern of deep chocolate and latte colors which deepen even further with age and you know about Steel.

Get both if you can manage it, you won't regret it.

I am personally biased toward the magnificent, for travel in any mode of transportation possible, Large Cafe Bag. I own 4 in different colors.

Unfortunately, I missed out on an all blue Imago which sold out very fast. At the time, and even now, I wasn't sure if a fairly large landscape shaped bag would be good for me.
    I also knew that if I ordered that blue Imago it would never come back to Seattle even if I found out, it was unsuitable as a carry bag, I would have dreamed up a use for it.
    In my case, a return (from Australia) is pretty much out of the question - I am better off keeping the bag, which is why I spend probably too much time considering the purchase before I make my move! . And, you know, I worked out how to get the waist straps off both bags today and I really do like the Imago more and more. The hemp will never be my favorite finish but it is nonetheless growing on me! Once my Cardinal Aeronaut arrives next week I think it will make a nice set (and I am not much of a matchy-matchy person as far as shoes and bags are concerned, so that is saying something!)

dorayme, I still have the Travelling Imago and my new LCB. I can take some side by side pictures if that will help! I'm at work now, but will try to snap a few when I run home for lunch.

My Imago arrives today! *happy dance*

Quote Originally Posted by JLE View Post
    In my case, a return (from Australia) is pretty much out of the question - I am better off keeping the bag, which is why I spend probably too much time considering the purchase before I make my move! . And, you know, I worked out how to get the waist straps off both bags today and I really do like the Imago more and more. The hemp will never be my favorite finish but it is nonetheless growing on me! Once my Cardinal Aeronaut arrives next week I think it will make a nice set (and I am not much of a matchy-matchy person as far as shoes and bags are concerned, so that is saying something!)
    Maybe there could be others within Australia who although ,sworn off buying any more new TB products, might be interesting in picking up a second hand LCB in linen/steel? You never know your luck....

JLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark1966 View Post
    Maybe there could be others within Australia who although ,sworn off buying any more new TB products, might be interesting in picking up a second hand LCB in linen/steel? You never know your luck....
    Assuming, of course, that such an item ever comes onto the market......

JLE
    Quote Originally Posted by darbs View Post
    dorayme, I still have the Travelling Imago and my new LCB. I can take some side by side pictures if that will help! I'm at work now, but will try to snap a few when I run home for lunch.
    I have exactly this picture sitting in iPhoto as we speak, and if someone can tell me how to put it across into a post I can put it up for you to see! I have some packing shots as well, including a shot showing an iPad going horizontally into the LCB.

Quote Originally Posted by JLE View Post
    Assuming, of course, that such an item ever comes onto the market......
    Private sales would probably be preferable although at a heavily discounted price of course, given its used condition

JLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark1966 View Post
    Private sales would probably be preferable although at a heavily discounted price of course, given its used condition
    Nice try, Marky Mark....

I wanted to thank everyone again for their help and comments. I got back from my trip on Saturday and had an opportunity to put the LCB bag through it's paces. As a main carry-on bag it's a little on the small side. I think on my next trip I will probably get a Synapse as my main carry-on and the LCB as my personal item. However, as a EDC or school bag the LCB will work out nicely. I will probably end up ordering a few accessories as I get a better idea of what I will be carrying on a regular basis.

As for the Imago, I still like it and may consider it a future purchase if more color options become available.

Same bag interior photo on both LCB and MCB pages?!

Hi everyone,
    I'm trying to decide between the MCB and LCB. Has anyone else noticed that the same interior shot appears on both pages? One is called 'lopen', the other 'mcafe123'. Does anyone know which bag is in the photos??
    Thanks!
    -n

Name:  lgopen.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  51.9 KBName:  mcafe123.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  56.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by notmensa View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm trying to decide between the MCB and LCB. Has anyone else noticed that the same interior shot appears on both pages? One is called 'lopen', the other 'mcafe123'. Does anyone know which bag is in the photos??
    Thanks!]
    Looks like a MCB to me. I'll put some similar items in mine and take a pic for comparison. Give me 30 minutes and we shall see.

Yeah, I think it's probably a MCB I took a picture of some comparable stuff (Totality and Infinity and The Kingdom and the Glory, Mrs B's pink iPhone, and a bottle of hand sanitizer, since I couldn't tell what that cylindrical thing was). Note that these books are a bit larger than the trade paperbacks in the company pic. Here they are:

And here they are in the MCB--sorry it's a bit backlit:

Hope this helps, and sorry the table was dusty and there was crap everywhere. I nearly killed myself tripping over Titus whilst getting these photos, not that that's any sort of excuse . . .
    notmensa and Maria like this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by notmensa View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Thanks!
    -n
    I agree with Badger; that's a Medium size Cafe Bag. Take a look at peregrina's post about her medium cafe bag, also in olive/wasabi, in the Medium Cafe Bag packing list thread, with pictures such as the one below, which are of the same color combination bag:

The Large Cafe Bag is about the same size as the Imago, although my impression is that the Imago can carry a little more (partly because of its orientation). Peregrina's packing list can also give you an impression of what the bag can hold.

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 05-12-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Thank you so much @Badger - you've just made my day!! And thanks for linking to another thread @moriond!! It's a big help. I think the LCB is the best size for me - now to decide between the wasabi & cayenne lining!
    -n

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0