Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By moriond
  • 2 Post By jeffmac
  • 2 Post By Darcy

Thread: Checkpoint Flyer For Musicians

Checkpoint Flyer For Musicians

Hello
    I'm a musician and want to buy a bag for daily basis use ,gigs and travels.
    I'm considering to purchase Checkpoint Flyer but not sure that all my goodies will fit.
    My gear are:

1. Arturia The Factory - 2.5 octaves midi keyboard.
    Dimensions: 480(W)x240(D)x60(H) mm

Name:  www-audiofanzine-com_arturia-analog-factory-v2-5.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  94.9 KB

2. Apple Macbook Pro 15" - I have an Incipio Sleeve for it,I would like too have it inside the bag if possible.
    Name:  GetDynamicImage.jpeg
Views: 342
Size:  8.4 KB

3.RME Babyface - Audio Interface.Its a size like a 2.5 external HD.
    Name:  rme_babyface_bag2.jpeg
Views: 405
Size:  43.3 KB

4.Two 2.5 Hard Drive and small stuff like phone,pen and so on.

The most important part for me is too fit the keyboard.
    If the checkpoint flyer is small for this please sugest me something similar.

Thank you very much.

P.S. Do you ship to Israel?

Hi Panoman!

Thank you for providing such detailed information!

I'm sorry, the Keyboard is a bit too large to fit into the Checkpoint Flyer Bag . However, All of the items you listed will fit into the Brain Bag, you'll even have some room to spare! .

We can ship to Israel but it depends where . If you could email me your address (katy@tombihn.com) I can send you a quote .
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Hello Katy
    Thank you very much for reply.

Volunteer Moderator
    @Katy This might all just fit in the Tri-Star. The problem is that the keyboard length is just at the maximum length for the bag, but it might be able to go into the center section. He'd have to carry the 15" MacBook Pro in the back zippered pocket, and then use the front section for the hard drives and other accessories. If the there were just slightly more length to the Tri-Star, I'd say this would all work, but the tolerances are so tight that you'd have to get someone who has a similar keyboard to actually check by putting into the Tri-Star. Maybe you guys can do a better measurement estimate of this (or visit a music store in Seattle with Tri-Star in hand, and check whether that midi keyboard would fit!)

I don't have a Checkpoint Flyer, but looking at the specs, it seems that the PC version (2XLT) that would be long enough to accommodate the midi keyboard wouldn't be wide enough (50 mm) to carry it, and the laptop case wouldn't work as well for his laptop and the rest of his paraphernalia. The Tri-Star is a better match in design to what he wants to carry, but the quoted long dimension of the bag is 480 mm. I know that in some cases this may still actually work; for example, the Brain Cell for the ThinkPad T60p laptop technically looked as though it would not fit in the Western Flyer, but when I asked about this, Tom checked and verified that it would actually work for that bag, and added it to the fit list. I'd personally put this down as too close to call, unless one of the other forum members who has both a comparable midi keyboard and owns a Tri-Star would like to chime in.

moriond
    Darcy likes this.

I will take my Tristar into the shop today and check the fit on this...

OK, the Arturia keyboard will fit in the center section.

Name:  center.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  145.9 KB

There is no padding in the center section so you would want to cut a strip of one inch foam and insert it in kind of a U shape to pad the sides and edges.

Possibly a better solution would be in the back under the compression straps: Sorry for the bad focus, didn't see that until after I had put everything back away.

Name:  under compression.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  139.1 KB

You could wrap the Arturia in a towel or similar for protection and still have the center section for your laptop.
    The Tristar would easily swallow all the rest of your music gear.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    You rock, jeffmac and moriond! I was just about to chime in with the Tri-Star as a suggestion.

Of the two bags that would fit your keyboard -- the Brain Bag and Tri-Star -- I think the Tri-Star is the most similar to the Checkpoint Flyer because it can be carried as a shoulder/cross body bag via an optional shoulder strap (or as a backpack or by its handle.) Tom designed it as a carry-on travel bag, and it sounds like those features (such as the hide-away backpack straps) could prove useful to you as a traveling musician.

Both the Tri-Star and Brain Bag will fit your 15" MacBook Pro inside of its Incipio sleeve. You might also want to know that we have two hard-sided laptop cases designed to clip inside of the Tri-Star and Brain Bag: the Horizontal Brain Cell (clips in the Tri-Star) and the Vertical Brain Cell (clips inside of the Brain Bag).
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Hello
    People you are amazing
    thank you moriond ,Darcy and jeffmac thank you very much for the hassle.
    You amazing.
    At first I was looking at Tri-Star but then so pictures and get the impression that the bag is way deep for daily use .
    Will take another look.
    Thank all
    I'm happy chappy.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0