First of all I have the tristar, have had it for a few years and it has become my fav bag. Its gone to Europe, Mexico and around North America.

I have a camera bag that I bought before the camera insert was released......
I like it a lot but it is more so a bag that I would use for those huge trips where I need to take my macbook air, my 7d, 17-85, 24-105, flash, maybe another lens, and various accessories. I love the bag for what it can store its a shoulder bag. When I will travel with it I will use the tristar as a backpack or else my partner will carry the camera bag and I carry the tristar as he ussualy takes on a roller suitcase....

Unica V Messenger Black MB SM390-5BB - Stile | Manfrotto

So this bag is just too big for everyday lugging around when I am traveling. I was thinking about getting another bag that I could either store in the camera bag and pull out when I arrived at my destination that would fit my camera and one or two lenses Max and use it is as my daily walk around bag.

I find that I have so many bags for so many purposes and I really want to get down to two bags....one for all my gear and one for a walk around bag that I can also take with me.

I have been thinking about the co pilot and using it for this reason...