Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I need some advice

I have no TriStar; on my last trip I fit 2 CQPC, an 80% full large stuff sack, a PCSB with a pair of eu38 shoes, and a collapsed Travel Tray into the front section, plus I had my 3-d cube, two small op, and a travel coffee mug in the front exterior pockets. A stuffed PCBP, empty Synapse and empty large clear op were in the rear compartment.

I would think that a medium Tristar cube and 2 CQPC should fit the front section, or a small pc, 2 CQPC and a thinish (not super rigid or bulky) pair of shoes (definitely soft star) should fit.

Hth
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Ed, thank you for those pics, always great to see real world usage. A follow up question if I may, sir: have you ever carried both your brain bag and tri star at the same time? If so, how did that go? I'd think it would be brain bag as a backpack, tri star with the shoulder strap?

Dorayme, what bag did you pack that stuff into?

Thanks so much for the responses, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by conejo23 View Post
    Dorayme, what bag did you pack that stuff into?
    From the configuration of compartments she describes, I'd guess she meant to type "into the front section of my Western Flyer." For a second, I was tempted to type "Brain Bag," but I think the BB is her husband's? Don't ask me how I know this . . . I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by conejo23 View Post
    Ed, thank you for those pics, always great to see real world usage. A follow up question if I may, sir: have you ever carried both your brain bag and tri star at the same time? If so, how did that go? I'd think it would be brain bag as a backpack, tri star with the shoulder strap?
    I have not.
    I have traveled a few times now with the TriStar,Synapse and Super Ego and a few times with just the TriStar.

It really is an amazing bag but each Bihn bag really is for different reasons.

I have my Brain Bags tasked for now with carrying cargo when I drive out of town for work and as Emergency Response bags for Amateur Radio work that I do.

I have been tempted at times by almost all of the bags here but The Imago didn't work for me and my Dad loves it now.

Too many Bags Too little Time!

Ed

So Ed, when you traveled with the TriStar and the Synapse, did that include any air travel? Just wondering how you physically carried each bag and how you found that experience.

Yes
    I usually just sling each one over a shoulder and race-walk through the Airport.
    I am not a BackPack person at all and will only use one for short hauls if I run out of shoulders.
    My main problem is getting them on and off my back taking into account my freakish Monkey Arms.

When carrying all three though I usually get the Synapse on my back and the S.E. and TriStar on a shoulder each.

I guess I should try the Tri on my back sometime?

Ed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0