Is my Aeronaut End Packing Cube different?

For those of you with Aeronaut end packing cubes, will you check to see if both sides are fabric held together with a mesh strip, which is how mine is, or is it one side fabric and the other side mesh?

When I got mine a few months ago, I thought that's how they were designed and never bothered using it (the tags are still attached.) All of my other Aeronaut and Tri-Star packing cubes have one side fabric, one side mesh.

I looked on the packing cubes web page today and noticed the photos looked different different than mine.

So, is mine correct or did I get one with a rare mistake?
    Last edited by Frank II; 03-22-2012 at 07:55 PM.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

I think I'd prefer the one you have now. ;-)

So, are you saying I got the one with an error and need to contact the company to get a replacement? I prefer one side mesh.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Mine is like yours. I like it.
    List under construction ....

TavaPeak, are you interested in exchanging? I want one with mesh on one side, and you seem to want one with fabric on both sides, perhaps we could exchange. Mine has never been used.

If I go through Tom Bihn, it will cost me an extra $13-14 (approximately) in shipping charges to exchange it. $13-14 shipping for a $17 item is a little ridiculous.

You and I could probably do it for much less than that. LIke using USPS and sending it priority small box fixed rate with delivery confirmation would only be about $5.50

I was told the design recently changed. But why would they call it a mesh packing cube if there was hardly any mesh?
    Last edited by Frank II; 03-26-2012 at 04:43 PM.

I have always thought that the end pocket cubes had fabric on both sides; one with mesh on the edge and one with solid fabric. The cubes with fabric on one side and mesh on the other are the internal cubes and are slightly shorter and deeper than the end cubes. I believe the picture in question is actually small internal cube that has been mislabeled.

Thank you, RedBeard, that's what I'm trying to find out but can't get a straight answer from anyone at Tom Bihn. If the picture is wrong, the description is wrong as well.

First I'm told the design changed. Then I'm told the design didn't change.

The description on the website is: The End Pocket Packing Cube is available in either Fabric/Fabric or Fabric/Mesh. The mesh version allows you to easily see what's inside while the fabric version keeps items like shoes separate from other items.

So, if the mesh version is fabric/mesh, wouldn't that mean it's half of each? Not just a small mesh strip? And having fabric on both sides doesn't make it easy to see what's inside.

Very confusing.

Somewhere a mistake was made....either with my packing cube or with the photos and description on the website.
    Last edited by Frank II; 03-31-2012 at 03:18 AM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0