Synapse in steel

Maybe I missed this, but is the Synapse not going to be available in steel anymore? It's not listed on the product page. If not, why not? Is the color being phased out completely?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We've decided not to make the Synapse in Steel 1000d Cordura this time around, though we are going to continue to make Steel Dyneema/Solar Dyneema.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I'm sorry to hear this! I'd been planning to buy one in the Steel/Steel color scheme that was available last year, but missed the boat - it had been replaced by Steel/Solar by the time I came back to order. Solar was just a little too bright for my tastes, so I've been checking back occasionally to see if a Steel Synapse with a more low-key interior had popped up again. Hopefully you guys will do something like that next time around.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0