Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By dorayme
  • 2 Post By Katy
  • 1 Post By darbs

Thread: Punch?

Punch?

What color is punch? Anybody have a picture of it? Or know where I can find a picture of it? I saw the LCB comes in Punch and now I'm intrigued. I can't seem to find any other bag that comes in this color and has a picture of it.

I don't think Punch is available anymore. It's not listed inthe dropdown of colors that can be ordered. I think it was a pink color.....
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

looks like this:
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

*le Sigh* It was so beautiful.
    backpack and Washu like this.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Dang, it is still listed in the colors underneath the pictures. I forgot to check the drop down. Oh, and it is so pretty. Just the color that I need for Spring. Katy, can we have it back? Please? Doesn't somebody want to sell me one? (Can you guys tell I'm ready for bright colors and spring/summer?)

Volunteer Moderator

Some more images of punch

Large cafe bag in punch and its contents from this post:

Swift in Punch/Navy, Olive/Linen, and Navy/Storm:

From the blog announcing new cafe bags in punch:

Color combinations punch and wasabi:

There are more pictures in the the blog announcing new cafe bags in punch. Sadly, punch didn't stick around long past its announced appearance in 2009, as you can see from Darcy's post in October 2010:

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Definitely. Anything that's still available in Punch or Storm (and I think we do have Cordura Organizer Pouches in Storm) should be ordered right away because we don't have much left - and when it's gone it's gone.
    moriond

P.S. I finally figured out that in order to link to images in URLs and have them show up correctly as embedded images inside posts, I need to uncheck the box for "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" that automatically appears with this command option. I should have just tried putting the standard pair of forum controls [IMG] and [/IMG] around the URLs I was using, and ignored the menu options.
    Last edited by moriond; 03-12-2012 at 02:02 PM.

So basically, I have discovered Tom Bihn too late to get all of the fun colors. Why didn't somebody clue me in sooner?!?! No Solar PCSB and no Punch cafe bags. *massive sigh* Guess I need to take a second look at Turquoise and Azalea.

Punch and Wasabi. Oh my. Love. Sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by darbs View Post
    So basically, I have discovered Tom Bihn too late to get all of the fun colors. Why didn't somebody clue me in sooner?!?! No Solar PCSB and no Punch cafe bags. *massive sigh* Guess I need to take a second look at Turquoise and Azalea.
    I can heartily recommend both the Azalea and the Turquoise. Unfortunately Azalea has never been paired with Wasabi. And I believe I may have bought the last Turq/Wasabi LCB. And is stunning.
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

Volunteer Moderator
    @darbs This is a never-ending process. Some months down the line a new member will be heaving massive sighs over the colors that are currently available, and that are no longer in stock (at that future date). In fact, take a look at WhiteStar's post about her Amazing Large Cafe Bag in Turquoise/Wasabi, and read Darcy's post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    OK, I've typed 20 different ways to tell you guys this: the Large Cafe Bag in Turquoise/Wasabi has sold out and we might not make that color combination again.
    My personal guess is that Turquoise will go before Azalea, because it's another one of those colors that look better in person than it does in the photos. For example, the Turquoise clear organizer wallets sold out some time ago; there are still some in Azalea. (There used to be some in punch, too, but that's long gone.) Also, I personally think that Turquoise/Wasabi is a more attractive color combination than Turquoise/Cayenne -- which was the only option with Turquoise offered for the Small and Medium size cafe bags AFAIK.

However, to help you get started, since there are a lot of nice pictures in the forums, here are some references:
    The blog picture of Azalea and Turquoise cafe bags side by side:

MsMoon's Turquoise cafe bag:

ncb4's Large cafe bag in Azalea:

Mrs Badger's *new!* Azalea/Sapphire SCB (also read the forum post for packing list details):

Also, take a look at Darcy's post with pictures of the Swift in Turquoise and Azalea:

Then scroll up and down through the other posts discussing the new colors in that thread.

And look at dorayme's thread on My thoughts on the Azalea/Sapphire MCB ~ reposted from Ravelry with lots of photos.

HTH. moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 03-12-2012 at 02:47 PM. Reason: added links to dorayme's thread

Darbs, please don't delay ordering anything in Azalea or Turquoise!

I know that the minute Forum members and visitors see that: quote from Moriond "the Turquoise clear organizer wallets sold out some time ago", there will be a mad rush to the ordering area of the Wish List and the phones are going to be ringing at the Showroom.

Remember that any unused item can be returned within 60 days, in new condition, with the tag and all that.

Below is the exact policy from Tom Bihn Inc homepage.

How do I try out a bag without making it "used"?
    When you receive your TOM BIHN bag, you're welcome (and encouraged) to take it out of the box, inspect every inch of it, load it with what you carry in your current bag, and try it on for size, comfort, and looks. Don't spill coffee on it, let your cat sleep on it or your puppy chew on it. It's similar to how you would test out a pair of shoes: try them on indoors to see how they feel, but don't wear them outside.

Trying out your bag in the way described above should give you a good sense of whether the bag is right for you. If you decide it's not right for you, you're welcome to send it back for a return or exchange. If you would like help deciding whether it's right for you, give us a call or send us an email. And if it's love at first use, congratulations!

How do I return a bag?
    You have 60 days after you've received your bag to return it to us for a refund/exchange, provided it is still in its original, unused condition: we do not accept returns of used merchandise.

In the unlikely event that we goofed and sent you the wrong bag or the wrong color bag, or you received damaged merchandise, please notify us immediately. We will either arrange for a UPS pick-up or we will reimburse you for the cost of returning the package to us; we will not charge you for the shipping costs of replacement merchandise. Shipping charges are refundable only if a product has been misrepresented, misshipped, or is defective in materials or workmanship.

Note that a Tom Bihn bag, in this parts, is rarely returned and usually bought in multiples.

You and your wallet have been warned!

Some people have had their Tom Bihn bag(s) for 15 years!
    Last edited by backpack; 03-12-2012 at 04:51 PM.

I heart you guys! Although the BF might feel differently if/when he sees another TB box arrive! I love Cayenne, and I think I would like the turquoise, but I don't like the 2 together. It is just an odd combo to me. Hmm...this makes things so much tougher. At least I get paid this week and can hopefully appropriate some of those funds towards another TB order and somehow slip it past the BF. Maybe I need to call the store and see what is lurking around there. *sigh* You guys are just so full of great (enabling) information!

I love Cayenne, and I think I would like the turquoise, but I don't like the 2 together. It is just an odd combo to me.
    I think Turq/Cayenne is a very "southwestern" combination. I really fell hard for the Turq/Wasabi, otherwise I probably would have gone for the Turq/Cayenne combination. I love my Plum/Cayenne MCB but I do think that one is a little different/odd.
    WhiteStar in Colorado

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0