Thread: New ristretto

New ristretto

Please forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere.

I have had my Ristretto for 10 months. It is with me daily and still looks as it did day one. Absolutely amazing product!

I was checking the website today as I need a new laptop bag and I see a new ristretto for sale. What exactly are the differences between the two?

Thanks
    Keith

I wondered that myself, and looked through the blog to find the answer. Here's the link describing the updates:

Introducing the updated Ristretto - TOM BIHN Blog: We make travel bags in Seattle, Washington

If for any reason the link above doesn't work, just type in Ristretto into the blog search box and this will come up on page 2 of the results.

Hope this helps!
    Indigo/Solar Western Flyer, Nordic/Steel Aeronaut, Indigo/Solar Synapse, Cocoa/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Aubergine/Hemp/Steel Imago, Wasabi Dyneema Small Shop Bag, Indigo, Wasabi Dyneema, and Plum 3D Organizer Cubes, Wasabi Dyneema Travel Tray, Wasabi Dyneema Yarn Stuff Sack, Small, Mini and Pen/Pencil Pouches, an assortment of key straps

Quote Originally Posted by dwright17 View Post
    I wondered that myself, and looked through the blog to find the answer. Here's the link describing the updates:

Introducing the updated Ristretto - TOM BIHN Blog: We make travel bags in Seattle, Washington

If for any reason the link above doesn't work, just type in Ristretto into the blog search box and this will come up on page 2 of the results.

Hope this helps!
    Thank you!! Now I'm just debating if I need it...I do like that they eliminated that front area as it was easy to lose items. But it looks like the new zippered area is smaller than the old zippered area.
    Such decisions!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Drpepper View Post
    Please forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere.

I have had my Ristretto for 10 months. It is with me daily and still looks as it did day one. Absolutely amazing product!

I was checking the website today as I need a new laptop bag and I see a new ristretto for sale. What exactly are the differences between the two?

Thanks
    Keith
    @Keith I have one of the older Ristrettos, too. Some of the changes: most of the new Ristrettos are being made in Ballistic Nylon with Dyneema interiors, although there is one Cordura combination (Olive/Cayenne) in the new design. The front pocket has been redesigned with a zippered opening that makes items sit more securely in the bag. This is actually the second major re-design of the Ristretto since its original introduction in March 2008. In June 2009 they changed the placement of the internal pockets, made the main compartment wider, and added black piping to the front flap in contrast to the original design that resembled the cafe bag flap style. That's the bag that you have, and this is the basic design that was used for the various Ristrettos for the iPad and MacBook Air models.

There are still a few of the Original Style Ristrettos -- meaning your model -- available in Cayenne color combinations for the iPad (Linen/Olive; Navy/Steel), 11 inch MacBook Air (Navy/Steel), and 13 inch MacBook Pro or Air (Olive/Cayenne). You can see that Olive/Cayenne has been a popular Cordura color combination, but I've got to mourn the loss of Plum/Wasabi! The move to Ballistic Nylon is aided by the larger number of colors now available. And Darcy has said the Imagos are going to be offered primarily in Ballistic Nylon, too:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TXGirl View Post
    Darcy-

Since the Imago will not be offered in the Cordura, will they now be all Ballistic or maybe Ballistic & Cordura?
    We're thinking all ballistic at this point. And, by the way, there's a bunch of new photos of the Imago up.
    HTH. Cheers,

moriond

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0