Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Lani
  • 1 Post By backpack
  • 1 Post By moriond
  • 2 Post By Badger

Thread: Indigo Cafe Bags?

Indigo Cafe Bags?

Have the Cafe Bags (any size) ever been available in Indigo? I can't seem to find any references to them, and given how popular Indigo is, I'm surprised.
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

Not that I know of. Café Bags are made from Cordura and Indigo is Ballistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I wonder how a "rugged-fied" version of a Cafe Bag would be in Ballistic?!?!? Or a "lite" version in Dyneema??!? Oh the possibilities!
    ncb4 likes this.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Indigo is Ballistic? I TOTALLY missed that.....

Wait... the Synapse page says that it is either Cordura or Dyneema. And it comes in Indigo. And in the drop down it's not marked as the Indigo version being Ballistic (Like on the Imago or Swift pages were it specifies the Cordura ones from the Ballistic ones.)

Double wait... the 3-1-1 organizer also comes in Indigo and is listed as being Cordura....
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

SEE!!!! This is why we need a spreadsheet with bags listed by colors! Because I can't keep up with what fabric is what color and what bag uses what!

I seem to remember seeing a sample picture of a medium cafe bag in indigo, but I don't know if it was ever mass-produced. There certainly is indigo Cordura, though--my 3-1-1 organizer that I use for my makeup is in indigo. It's lovely .

Quote Originally Posted by darbs View Post
    SEE!!!! This is why we need a spreadsheet with bags listed by colors! Because I can't keep up with what fabric is what color and what bag uses what!
    It would require too much maintenance. Let me explain.

I have only been a Tom Bihn customer since 05/06, during that time I have seen many colors come and go.

It has also been explained to us, that all Ballistic colors but Black are custom made for the company at the exact specifications of Tom.

As it turns out, Tom is the Master of Fabric Colors in his namesake Empire.

When the new Ballistic colors: Cardinal, Navy and Forest came out, put together they looked very very very familiar. After a search for pictures of design in Empire Style (Napoleon 1st), I understood why.
    French 1st Empire Style is my favorite.

Tom wrote that many of his inspiration comes from nature and the Northern Cardinal could possibly be the inspiration for the gorgeous red; Navy reminds me of the most beautiful of skies and Forest makes me want to go to the Olympic National Park.

Cordura Conifer is also relatively new, to date, this is the best match between a Ballistic Nylon color.

Speaking of matching, Ballistic Cardinal and Dyneema Iberian = Yummy

Every single time I see the world Iberian, I think of Iberia and I want to sing Carmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Silly Badger..Indigo is also featured in Cordura. I have an Indigo/Solar Synapse.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStar View Post
    Indigo is Ballistic? I TOTALLY missed that.....

Wait... the Synapse page says that it is either Cordura or Dyneema. And it comes in Indigo. And in the drop down it's not marked as the Indigo version being Ballistic (Like on the Imago or Swift pages were it specifies the Cordura ones from the Ballistic ones.)

Double wait... the 3-1-1 organizer also comes in Indigo and is listed as being Cordura....
    Indigo was originally introduced as a color in Ballistic Nylon when the Tri-Star appeared, then became available for bags like the Aeronaut, Western Flyer, Co-Pilot, Checkpoint Flyer, Swift, Imago, Smart Alec, and the Kit before being retired when the new Ballistic Nylon colors were introduced. It appeared as a Cordura offering when the Synapse was introduced. And, as various posters remarked, Cordura Indigo is still available in the 3D Clear Organizer Cube and the Synapse, though other items that were once stocked don't seem to be available.

There was a Cafe Bag combination in Indigo/Steel. The linked blog entry identifies this as Indigo/Storm, which would have been a great combination. (I don't remember this, though, myself.) If you follow the link to the Flickr photo stream, you'll see this is Indigo/Steel.

Having now received some pouches and the 3D Clear organizer cube in Azalea, I can say that Indigo and Azalea make an even more awesome color combination than Azalea with Sapphire. It's the royal purple undertone in the Indigo that never shows up adequately in the posted pictures that makes the impact in this combination. If they were still making two-tone Cordura Imagos, I'd suggest Indigo/Azalea/Steel as a combination. Or maybe this wouldn't come across with the same impact in pictures as it has in person. However, the color combinations for the Cafe bags are also set by the available colors for the finer grain 500D Cordura fabric used in the interiors of the Cafe bags and (Cordura) Ristrettos, and on the Brain Cells and Snake Charmers.
    TXGirl likes this.

Oh well. Can't be right about everything.

Volunteer Moderator
    You can also get Indigo pouches in various sizes. I just got off the phone with Katy, and included a large Indigo organizer pouch in my order.

Badger, I was just giving you hard time
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Dear Moriond I do hope that nobody at Tom Bihn Inc sees that and follow through:
    "If they were still making two-tone Cordura Imagos, I'd suggest Indigo/Azalea/Steel as a combination."

What kind of excuse am I going to have to make up to get one of those?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0