Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Future of Navy/Iberian color combination in TB bags?

Darcy,
    Thanks for the update and for keeping hope alive. I placed my order for my N/I Tri-Star along with a couple of Iberian accessories earlier this afternoon before your post. I can hardly wait for my new bag to arrive. Maybe I'll be able to add a N/I Co-Pilot to my next order! Either way, I have one beautiful bag coming my way next week.

Thanks JLE and Darcy, even though it wasn't what I wanted to hear. Guess I should hurry and order a navy / solar Western Flyer. After all, the outside color is more important to me. Still.......

Susan

P.S.
    I just remembered that I have an Iberian Packing Cube Backpack for Tri-Star / Western Flyer that I can put into a new navy WF. I'll pretend that it's lined with both solar and Iberian, maybe even glue the PCBP in there. :-)
    Last edited by SusanM; 03-09-2012 at 09:15 PM. Reason: See the P.S.

This makes me so tempted to snap up a Navy Iberian Tri-Star myself...hmmm...time to do those taxes and see what's left

Sometimes insomnia has its own rewards...

Since I couldn’t sleep, I decided to check in on the TB website, and low and behold the N/I Aeronaut is available again for pre-order. Needless to say, it’s already ordered before I miss out on it a second time. I’m so excited that my Tri-Star will soon have a matching playmate. Thank you Tom Bihn for offering this fabulous color combination again. Yippee!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JLE View Post
    Just before I ordered my black/Iberian WF I asked Katy if they were going to produce any WF in navy/Iberian (I specifically wanted the sleeve pockets, not the backpack straps), and she said there were no plans.... :-(
    Navy/Iberian would almost definitely push me over the edge on the WF order ...
    List under construction ....

JLE
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    Navy/Iberian would almost definitely push me over the edge on the WF order ...
    It is such a dilemma. There is no real hurry for me to order a new WF (other than my own enthusiasm to increase my TB collection) - I can always borrow my husband's in the short term. But I do want a new one before my Bhutan trip next year. Perhaps I should wait to see what comes down the pipeline in the next few months. After all, I suppose it will always be available in black, which I would be perfectly happy with. But N/I would match my TriStar and put me over the edge too (if I can't have Cardinal, that is, and unfortunately Katy has dashed all hope on that front...).

Quote Originally Posted by historygal View Post
    . . . low and behold the N/I Aeronaut is available again for pre-order. . . . Thank you Tom Bihn for offering this fabulous color combination again. Yippee!!!
    Awesome! I voted for the Navy/Iberian in the poll.

I am flipflopping between the Aeronaut & the Tristar.

Of course, we all know that when folks bit by the Tom Bihn bag flipflop, they end up buying both bags - just a matter of time

Hurray!! I'm getting in line as well...now if we could convince the TB crew to make a N/I Co-Pilot and N/I Synapse, I would personally be in Navy/Iberian heaven! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Navy/Iberian isn't gone forever. . . .
    Will the Tristar return in Navy/Iberian?

Or the Western Flyer (backpack and/or rolling luggage pocket)?

I hope so! I will TOTALLY flip for any of the above in this order: 1) Tristar; 2) Wstern Flyer backpack; 3) Western Flyer pocket

Just curious if there are any plans to make either the Western Flyer (backpack) or Co-Pilot in navy/iberian, now that solar will no longer be an option? I know I've mentioned it elsewhere, but KUDOS again for the advent of the navy/iberian Synapse! I've already ordered it and feel like a kid counting down the days until Cmas as I await its arrival! Happy happy joy

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    Just curious if there are any plans to make either the Western Flyer (backpack) or Co-Pilot in navy/iberian, now that solar will no longer be an option? I know I've mentioned it elsewhere, but KUDOS again for the advent of the navy/iberian Synapse! I've already ordered it and feel like a kid counting down the days until Cmas as I await its arrival! Happy happy joy
    No plans for Navy/Iberian in either of those bags. We are making the Western Flyer in Steel/Iberian in both the Backpack Straps and Rolling Luggage Pocket versions, though.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

No plans for Navy/Iberian in either of those bags. We are making the Western Flyer in Steel/Iberian in both the Backpack Straps and Rolling Luggage Pocket versions, though.
    What about the Tristar? Will it come back in navy with a lining other than steel?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    What about the Tristar? Will it come back in navy with a lining other than steel?
    We're pretty spontaneous around here, so I can't say for sure, but I do think Navy/NewMysteryDyneemaColor is a sure thing...
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    We are making the Western Flyer in Steel/Iberian in both the Backpack Straps and Rolling Luggage Pocket versions, though.
    yay! the steel/iberian is a totally awesome color combination!!

Volunteer Moderator
    We're pretty spontaneous around here, so I can't say for sure, but I do think Navy/NewMysteryDyneemaColor is a sure thing...
    navy/orange?!
    Sera and jaon like this.
    -m

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast