Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By moriond
  • 1 Post By dorayme

Thread: Name and Information in TB Bags

Name and Information in TB Bags

I love my Tom Bihn bags; all of my Tom Bihn bags. My 9 (Synapse) and 12 (Smart Alec) year old boys love theirs as well. As you can guess, I'm mildly concerned that they may be "misplaced" by the boys. My question is this: How do other bag owners put their name and contact information in their bag in case it's lost or stolen? Have TB bags ever had ID tags sewn in them. Are sewn-in ID tags a possibility.
    Thanks!
    Happy owner of Steel Tristar, Steel Side Effect, Plum Medium Cafe Bag (my first TB), Indigo Synapse, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, various pouches and organizer cubes, Cache.

Could you make a nametag and laminate it, and then clip it to a key strap?

Personally, I wouldn't want an ID tag sewn permanently into my bag; when I travel, I put a piece of paper with my contact info into a pocket, and also use an airline luggage tag.

Booq bags come equipped with a unique tracking number that owners can register so that if someone finds their bag they can be located. That seems a little much to me, and I've never registered any of my Booq products.

I could use a handsome TB travel tag, and that may be the best option. However, I was thinking about something a little more permanent, especially for the boys. Like most, our school encourages parents to label all personal items.
    Happy owner of Steel Tristar, Steel Side Effect, Plum Medium Cafe Bag (my first TB), Indigo Synapse, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, various pouches and organizer cubes, Cache.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dmilem View Post
    How do other bag owners put their name and contact information in their bag in case it's lost or stolen?
    I have a Tom Bihn Luggage tag with my contact information attached to one of the O-rings inside the main compartment of my Synapse, but you can put a piece of paper with your name and address inserted into one of the pouches. This works well with the small, clear organizer pouches, or clear organizer wallets, but you can just write the address information on an index card and put it into one of the pockets.

P.S.I'd love to use the image from holoholo's post as a luggage tag -- I already use it as a screensaver on my iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by holoholo View Post
    I love the Matterhorn logo, maybe Tom can also do one with a more tropical look...
    Name:  tropical logo conceptA.jpg
Views: 1992
Size:  276.5 KB
    I couldn't attach this as an image from a URL, so I uploaded the image.
    Last edited by moriond; 02-23-2012 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Added "alternate" luggage tag image

LJW
    Holoholo snagged the perfect moniker.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    I would be interested in tags as well for my kid's bags. Not so much for mine. Hopefully my bag is within my possession and shouldn't be getting lost. Kids are a whole different story though.
    dmilem likes this.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by LJW View Post
    Holoholo snagged the perfect moniker.
    Yes, my original forum post that displayed his version of the Tom Bihn logo contained a comment about this -- especially appropriate for someone from Hawaii. I also use the original Tom Bihn logo image as the screen saver on my iPad. See the Tom Bihn Wallpaper for your iPad thread for details.
    Last edited by moriond; 02-24-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0